Which side is your right hand on when looking in the Mirror?

Simple question you only have two options... Or is it ?!?!?

I'm pretty interested to see what the results will be on this one, also why even though I have a pretty good idea of it already.

• Left
  • Right

Most Helpful Guy

• Right. It is always on the right, whether I'm looking face to face at the mirror, or over my shoulder behind me. It will always be on the right.

The reason being is that it would make no sense to judge the direction based off a reverse perspective...of yourself. The perspective is judged based off your own viewpoint. Your reflection isn't another person, and there is no need to translate "my right is your left" to that reflection. When an airplane/ship/ground vehicle is in motion, it's primary form of path finding is bearing. Bearing is relative to the center of the compass for that object, not of cardinal directions.

Now sure, relative bearings take into account a secondary object's bearing in relation to the primary object (for safe navigating, combat calculations, etc.), but an objects primary function is to navigate and guide itself based on it's own standing. What good is your orientation for me, when I could just use my own with much greater effect?

But I digress, my right hand is on the right side of a mirror. The image reflected back to me is still from a flat plane, and not some warped sense of space where what is in front of me ends up behind me, or something like that.

If you stare at a wall, is your hand still on the right? Sure it is. So why would that be any different if you're looking at a reflection of yourself, but it seems as if there would be another person looking back at you?

\deep explanation

• And just to add a slight correction to my first paragraph, my right hand will always be on MY right, not on the mirror's right. If I'm looking backwards over my shoulder, it is now on the mirror's right hand side because my perspective of the mirror has flipped when I turned around.

What was the left side of the mirror facing it, is now on my right side looking away from it. Make sense?

• I know what you mean. I tend to do the same thing =)

• You lovely thing, you

Most Helpful Girl

• My right hand is on the right if my hands are down my sides. But if I'm hugging myself, it then slides over to the left, lol.

What Guys Said 10

• It's on MY right side and the mirrors left side.

• the person in the mirror would have his left hand up while looking at me. although my right hand will still be on my right side.

I voted left though :P

• My hand is in another dimension of infinite mirrored alternate space. It would've been funny if you choose the wrong answer as the best answer, and saw how many people you could troll.

• Interesting ... I actually would try that. But, now I can't get rid of your answer/comment.

• Am I looking directly at the mirror? Or am I taking a selfie of my ass? Am I looking at the mirror as a picture? Or as if I was in the mirror?

Have I confused you yet?

• No OF COURSE not I'm the one that asked this somewhat confusing question. If anyone xobrowneyedbeauty and I agree with jmowen... My mind is OFFICIALLY BLOWN. Nice try though.

And yes you're looking at the mirror.

• it's still on your right. a mirror simply reflects an image

• I tried this and I got sucked into a parallel dimension. Turns out my right hand was on the up side of the mirror.

• It's on the right side, and you're brown :D

sup

• I've had this discussion with a physicist. It will always be the right hand.

• The right.

• The right

What Girls Said 7

• well your real right hand is on your right and your reflection's right hand is on your left, while your real right hand is on your reflection's left and your reflection's right hand is on your reflection's right.

• Mind = blown.

• based on your question, there doesn't seem to be a correct answer. it's too vague. hence my explanation.

• I get what you mean and I love your answer, but technically there id a correct answer. You explained everything when all I asked was which side is your right hand on when looking in the mirror.

The answer to the question is on the right. I didn't ask what your refelction was or your other hand just the right one when facing the mirror.

• My right hand is on my right side. I know, I'm not blind.

• It's on the right side, your reflection only reflects yourself so when you move your right hand it moves on the right side.

• The right..

• On the left :)

• My right hand side is always on my right hand side. Also the side where my birthmark is this does not change.

• Left hand

Hope that's the right answer