Is it possible to look pretty in pictures but ugly in real life?

I don't know..I feel like sometimes (not always) when I take a good picture of myself, I look better than in the mirror. Also guys on dating sites always tell me "you're so pretty, would you like to go on a date with me?" but I'm afraid when they'll see my in real life they'll think I look ugly and different.. Because no one really notice me in real life, and no guys ever approach me. Is it possible to look pretty in pics but ugly in real life?

Most Helpful Girl

• Usually I hear the opposite, that people look good in real life but are just not photogenic at all.

I guess it depends on whether or not you alter the photo or are simply photogenic. But I suppose it's certainly possible to look better in pictures.

I also think some people just look really different in photos and in real life. It's sort of hard to explain but sometimes when you look at people in pictures and then see them in real life they just look so different (not in a bad way).

If you look alright in pictures, I think there will be plenty of guys who will find you attractive in real life as well. Have some confidence! Just because you aren't being approached doesn't mean you aren't attractive or that guys aren't noticing you.

What Guys Said 4

• i look like a kid in all my pictures and my face usually looks uneven. I look way better in real life. only a few of my photos are photo realistic that's because I take care in trying to make them look accurate.

• Not really. You might look a bit better or worse but you are hardly going to go from one extreme to the other.

• This is why Adobe make so much money off of photoshop...

• Well yeah it's very possible ,with Photoshop!

What Girls Said 6

• Some people are just photogenic, and it sounds like you’re one of them. Cameras don’t always detect flaws, but I doubt you look THAT different from your pictures; you’re probably just being hard on yourself.

Ask any girl with an online dating profile if she gets approached more online or in real life, and she’ll say online. A lot of pretty girls go unnoticed in real life because of shyness and insecurity.

Unless you’re taking misleading pictures of yourself by messing with camera angles or something, then you’re fine.

• Yes, I see it all of the time.

Because of this I place very little accuracy on actual photos because half of the time people

don't even look like them, or know how to appear better looking in them.

It really is deceptive.

• I think I look better in Pics..

• I'm sure your absolutely beautiful. I think the total opposite, I think pictures don't do any justice, I like to see people in reality. Never doubt yourself, just because men don't approach you don't mean anything. They could just be indimidated by your looks, you'll never know. You can't hide behind your computer forever, go out on the dates but be careful about who you hook up with.

• Was my comment for you? I'm sure it wasn't so take your hatred and ignorance on another post. Speak when spoken to.

• I guess if you're using photo shop?

• I don't use Photoshop. I'm talking about real pictures with no retouch.

• I don't really see how there could be that much of a difference then.

• Yes. Flash photography flattens and washes out your face. And that's exactly what some people need.