Ladies, what visual aspect attracts you more - biological or style appearance?

Just curious, because I know some women think a man is "handsome" or "good-looking" just based on his style (and I'm sure it's vice versa too). I mean, even I've been called handsome just because I was wearing a suit! What about when I'm not wearing a suit!

So I ask, what gets your attention more?

A guy's biological features - facial structure, body physique, complexion, etc

or

A guy's appearance/style - how kempt he is, how he's groomed, sharpness, etc

Essentially, it's comparable to ask - would you prefer a man who is well-groomed, dresses sharp (or whatever your preference is) who is ugly in the face and out of shape? or a man who is very handsome in the face and has a great body, but is shlubby in his appearance?

• His biological features
  • His style
  • Both are equally important or unimportant
  • Unsure / I'm a guy
i'll be honest, I'm a bit surprised by the lack of "style/appearance/grooming" answers. But I appreciate the honesty! I'd like to give BA to all of yous...kinda...

Most Helpful Girl

• well you know a handsome and fit guy can look good in pretty much everything. For all the others, style is key in how women see you.

So many guys wear really unflattering clothes. You can pull of shorts and t shirt when you look like liam hemsworth link but not if you look like jack black link Both look better in suits, but proportionally there Jack Black makes a much bigger improvment.

To answer your question, I'd take a hot body/face over style any day

What Girls Said 27

• Style. Being hygienic, wearing clothes that fit you and look good, being healthy and taking care of your appearance takes up toughly 70% of actual attractiveness in my opinion. The rest is purely biological.

A guy could look like a Greek god, but if he dressed like a hobo and smelled like a sewer rat, I wouldn't even want to touch him with a stick.

• funny how this is the exact opposite of the reply above you. women, amirite!? =D

• Yeah! So weird that we're all individual people with different opinions and preferences!

• A guy's biological features get my attention more than his appearance/style.

Out of the two options, I'd pick the second one. A handsome man who is shlubby in his appearance.

• I really appreciate a guy with a nice clothing and shoes style (probably more so than a conventionally handsome face), but whether or not I would date him over the handsome-face guy depends a lot on how “out of shape” he is. If he’s got like, a big beer belly going on, or is just plain overweight, then I’m not really interested. He’s also gotta be taller than me, but I’m not picky by how much.

I guess if you consider being fit a biological feature, I’ll take the shlubb. I really, really do love when guys have a nice clothing style, though. Such a turn on.

• I would have to say biological features, because yes style is somewhat important but everyone has their own style.

But a guys natural appearance can affect us in different ways, because of our taste/opinion.

• Its both tbh

some days I notice style first - others its looks, body first

I'd choose A - so what if he dresses shabby - it only means I can fulfill my fantasy of buying him clothes I like and getting him to wear clothes picked out by me :D

• I'd say both. He can be handsome all he wants, if he dresses like a gangsta, I'm not considering him. Also, if he's unattractive, but dresses the way I like, I won't consider him either. So there needs to be a good balance of both. And no, I'm not expecting him to be perfect in both ways. I merely expect him to have a good balance of style and attractiveness.

• I think both are important but I pay more attention to biological(face, strong body, very dominant presence).

• A mixture of both, but good styling can make an average guy way hotter (just like bad styling can make an attractive guy less appealing).

On average I'd say I check out more guys who are good looking ("biologically").

• Biological is the quickest to pull me in, and style is the fastest to put me off. I don't like a lot if styles on guys, no flat rimmed hats with the sticker still on, no fedoras, no glasses that turn into sunglasses when you go outside, no tank tops, I basically don't like it when guys try to have "style"... Turns me off. Maybe because I don't like anything. I prefer that a guy just look nice, or easy. Not trendy. But I can fall in love with a face no matter what it's wearing. No preference with the faces though. I don't just like blond or brown or blue or green or tan or fair, I just like cute. Either got it or ya don't. Many different ways to get it though

• 100% biological physical traits

• I would say his style, but the other day I saw a guy with a really, really good style, but his face was just sort of repelling me. (I'm sorry) He was most unattractive person I've ever seen. So now, I say 60 % biological, 40% style

• A guy has to have both that are apealing to me otherwise the one bad aspect will overshadow the good.

• Both are pretty important to me but I think style beats out biology by a little bit. The reason is that it takes mostly luck to be biologically good looking and exercise over time to make a good body, but it takes effort on a daily basis to have good style and good hygiene. A guy who is always dressed well and groomed never takes a day off from taking care of himself. A guy with a pretty face and a hot body can be totally lazy and it may not even show.

• Little bit of both

• A for sure ! I don't care if he is well groomed. In fact I don't like it when guys are into their appearance a lot... It repels me! It shows a lot about their character..! I like him to be clean, handsome, cute, polite and it really doesn't matter what he's wearing...

• what about being well-groomed reveals about their character? Something like narcissism or conceitedness or insecurity or something?

• well, it depends on the indivudual of course ! it has to do with what you mention but it also reveals the kind of priorities you have in life... I 'm not jugding what a person does, I just couldn't prefer a person like that...

hope that makes sense...:)

• yeah it does. =D

• Must be fit! not saying overly muscular or anything, just not fat!

other than that, style wins over biological attractive physical features. If he dresses like a gangster I don't care how handsome his face is or how anything else is about him.

Oh! and a nice deep voice! with a sexy walk hahah not gay!

• To me, I would like a guy with looks and personality,if you have a good look and your personality stinks,and conceited... no moral girl would take you seriously

• Biological.

• I like it equally, they both go hand in hand :)

• 99% style and appearance

• Biological.

• His biological features

• Probably A

• Biological. is more important.

Shlubby is easy to fix. Biological is not fixable.

• i can see your POV. Biological can't be fixed in the face, at least (not naturally), but a fat hairy smelly guy can still get a v-cut body with some work and wax his body, etc. right?

• No, not really. A fat, hairy, smelly and bald guy is not going to ever be quite attractive because he doesn't have the body type to do it. Besides most fat dudes I know are okay with their size.

• C, both are equally unimportant its all about personality for me

• I believe everyone should be well-groomed, dress nicely, and take care of their appearance. But it is the biological aspects that are more attractive I believe- the one thing you can't change and that will (hypothetically) get passed on to your offspring.

I answered biological, although I do think both are important.

• Biological makes a bigger difference but grooming can help anyone look better like a man with well groomed hair especially if he slicks it a little bit, good facial grooming and wears a suit. But at the end of the day a suit will not make an ugly guy hot if he is ugly.

What Guys Said 2

• Biological features. They don't even realize this though. A girl will say a man is funny, confident or clever when in reality her subconscious is telling her to fuck him for being good looking.

• Beware though, they will all lie about this.

• Absolutely true. However the most deterring biological features (bad skin, weight, facial hair, yellow teeth) can be taken care of and raise your attractiveness tremendously.

Structural issues can be dealt with cosmetically through numerous procedures.

Ugliness (without genetic deformity) can be eliminated with enough money and willpower

• Attraction is based mostly on biological features. This is a survival mechanism to ensure healthy offspring. Fancy shoes do not mean he will give you healthy kids! If a woman says she finds a guy's style attractive she is either lying or believes that his so called 'style' is an indicator of his personal wealth, which today is also important to many women.

• But fancy shoes may indicate that he has money, which can be used to keep offspring healthy.

• Clothes can flatter you and underline your biological features. Or the opposite.

And ya style is what it stands for. Suits are the non plus ultra for men's styles. And who wears suits? predominately people in positions of (relatively) high status and power