Do you look younger or older than you actually are?

People actually think I'm younger than I actually am. So I guess I'll pay off when I get older

• I look younger
  • I look my actual age
  • I look older

Most Helpful Girl

• I get mixed reviews. Up until a year or so ago, I was always taunted for looking so young and I hated it. I'm short and had a baby face, so even at 21 trying to buy alcohol, the cashier would say I didn't even look old enough to drive there. They tried to sell me a children's movie ticket when I was 17 :/

However, after about 21 I got a a real job and had to learn how to dress and act more maturely, so now people will guess I'm a few years older than I really am. I'm 23, and some will guess 26 or 27. I don't get carded as much anymore. People say it's because of how I carry myself now, but I hope it's not because my face all of the sudden got old looking lol

What Girls Said 91

• I've been told I look younger. Probably because I'm short, I have round cheeks and sort of big eyes. Some of my relatives whom they rarely visit us, always ask me about my high school classes.

It's cool though. I will probably be grateful in the future.

My mom looks way younger than her age too.

• I look younger. I figure it'll work in my favor later in life but right now I get asked if I'm going into 8th or 9th grade. I'm a sophomore in college. It's rather demeaning. I just swallow my annoyance and calmly tell them of my actual age and then I watch them squirm in the awkwardness of the situation they went and got themselves in.

• It may be annoying now, but you'll be thankfull when you get older.

• do with the area *

• That could very well play a part in it. Yes, they're quite tall by me.

• People have always told me I look older than I really am.

It can be a good and a bad thing, it really depends on how you look at it.

Ex 1: When I was younger they wouldn't give me kids prices for anything, because they didn't believe me. Which sucks

Ex 2: Older people like to be around ou more. Older friends and hot older guys.

Why? I was pretty tall when ever since I could remember, well at least until everyone else began to grow, also I hit puberty pretty early and started getting a lot of attention.

As for now... Ehh people are starting to guess my real age and say I look like it. Which kinda makes since everyone use to think I was like 15-17 to begin with.

• Most people think I'm younger than I am. I'm 27, and lastweek was asked if I was under 18 when buyingan entry ticket to something.

But at the same time, I often get asked if I'm the older one out of my sister and I, even though my sister is two and a half years older than me :(

• I'm in between looking older and looking my actual age. Actually, wait, come to think of it, it depends on the situation. Because I know my friends say that in certain situation I look so mature and adult-like, rather more than is expected of my age (I'm 20 1/2), but in other situation I can be and look so young/childish/naive (in a way). Often times when I say "I'm 20" people are just like "oh, OK, I thought something along those lines". So, either I'm a chameleon or I just look my actual age.

• iv gotten both from people before lol.

people have thought my 13yr old sister and I were twins haha…. that MAY be due to my height-.-

i have a womanly build tho idk…. id just say I THINK I look my age, most think younger, few think older=]

voted B

• I think I more or less look my age, or a year or two younger. People usually don't over-guess my age, at least.

When I wear my glasses I look slightly older.

• younger. I'm a senior in college and up until about a year ago I still had people assuming I was in high school.

• People tend to think I look younger, especially with my glasses on, I'm seen as more dorky and "cute" :/

• im 22 and people think I'm 16-17, I get id'd at the cinema and when I buy alcohol (18 legal age here) I get a look as if to say "yeah right missy" before they ask for my id

• I have no idea, I can look like a younger teen or a total hag.

I think I look older on average because when I was younger people always thought I was older.

• Most people think I look younger than I actually am. I have no idea why though.

• I look younger, I'm 24, 25 in three months and I'm mistaken for 20 all the time. Without makeup, sometimes even younger. I generally have 19-20 year old guys approach me also, it's a curse.

• I think I look younger, and people tell me so all the time. All the women in my family have the same trait.

My mother is 51, people think she's in her 30's/40's.

My grandmother is 83, and she looks way younger and healthier.

On New Year's Eve, I was hanging out in my boyfriend's home, when one of his little cousins suddenly asked: "Are you 15?" I'm actually 23.

Genes FTW! :)

• Well it's 50/50 When people barely know me and speak only on my look (serious face) I am told I look older than I am. The people who know me as the smiley, goofy kidder that I am usually are shocked when I say my age, thinking I was younger... That is so weird huh? I guess it really is true that laughter/happiness is good for the soul. Apparently it's also the path to the foundation of youth. Lol!

• I think I look my age, in my pics I think I look my age. But people who now meet me and don't know my age ask when I am gonna start college or how highschool is going for me. Only when I really dress up people guess my age right. I'm 22 and people guess I'm 16 or 18. I didn't like my baby face when I was in highschool but now I'm glad for it lol. My cheeks have went down a bit so yaay lol

• People say I look younger, but I think I look my age :)

• Genes have a lot to do with it. My Mom and her side of the family generally got better looking as they got older, and then they stayed younger looking even when they were older. She had an uncle that was in his 60's the damn guy looked 40 for 20 years LOL

Then again, other people I've seen are shot at 40 which is horrible. But so far, I cannot complain for looking younger. People mistake my teen daughter for my ''little sister'' quite often.

• I think I look my age but some people think I am younger.

• i can tell cause even if she wears mask I can still see the skin of her upper cheek and I noticed that usually the quality of the skin on the upper cheek is pretty much the same to the rest of the face.. the skin of her upper cheek is smooth and plump. even her undereye skin which usually shows the first signs of aging is still in very good condition. and even if she wears makeup I don't think makeup can make your skin look plump. I'm not familiar with makeup though cause I don't wear makeup.

• Yeah its definitely not the race (although I might have made it seem that way).

It is definitely the diet, which is why I asked.

I've managed to look younger and not even care about my diet.

I guess genetics play an important part too.

It sucks that the things that are good for you...don't taste that great!

But yep mayb ill try, haha.

• wow! good for you! ^-^ I just notice that Asian food is much healthier lol compare to others... :)

• I get both.

I just turned 20 and people have told me recently that I look like I'm not even 18, but I've also been asked if I have kids. :x

So, I honestly don't know. Perhaps my looks confuse others. >:]

I think that I look my age. Eh.

• Younger. I'll be 21 pretty soon, but people always confuse me for being 16-18. It's funny because when I was about 10, or 11, I started getting mistaken for being about 14, or 15. And when I was 15, people thought I was 18. I think it's because my face stayed at that age haha (if that's even possible), so I still look the age I used to be mistaken for.

• It's 50/50 for me! Some people tell me I look really young and others think I'm like 22. It's weird I guess

• Most of the time people guess I'm in my early-to-mid 20s when I'm 17. My mother, though, she's 40 and looks like she's in her early 30s. Grandma also looks about a decade younger than she is. A funny little trait that runs in the family, best of both worlds actually.

• I've always had that problem. Besides the fact that I have the body of a woman, I have a baby face (big cheeks, rounded chin). I have a sister who's 2 years younger than me and everyone thinks she's older than I am. It annoys me but hey when I'm 30 I'll still look like I'm 20!

• At least you'll be thankfull for it when your older.

• Did you show the cashier your ID?

• Yes and she still didn't belive me, she thought it was fake even though it wasn't.

• Younger. I am petite,have jet black hair and a baby face.That's why I have to wear some hateful make-up to work because my job requires maturity.But even with make-up on,my clients still say that I look like a teenager and look like their sons' girlfriend and they always ask their mums to shut up.I also attract quite a number of much younger guys even today because they think I am about the same age as their girlfriends.

• I look younger.

• Younger. I blame my round face an my big eyes.

• People tend to think I'm younger than I actually am. I'm almost 20, and the oldest I've ever gotten was 16 and I've even had people think I'm 13. It's a little annoying now, but it's definitely gonna be awesome when I get older.

• I look younger, but only because I'm short and kind of small looking. I have a young face as well, but I don't look 12 or anything. I look high school age but I'm 20.

• I would say I look younger than I actually am because I'm 23 but people usually think I'm still in high school.

Even when I go to the movie theater they still ask me for my id.

• More from Girls
    61

What Guys Said 42

• I look good from a distance, and I look like a million bucks when I'm in the other room.

• I look a lot younger than I am and it kind of bothers me. I look like I'm 18 or 20 and I'm almost 26. My parents are the same way they're like in their 60's and could pass for 40's. I guess I'll be thankful for it when I'm older but right now it's annoying. Women that are way too young have flirted with me in the past. Also women my own age tend to look older than me which makes them feel a little insecure I think. Women usually have a think for guys who look a little older too and I can barely grow a beard lol

I did some classes at college a couple of years ago and the people there thought I was one of them even though I was several years older than most of them. They were surprised when they found out. That could work to my advantage in the future though.

• General consensus says I'm older but it has little to do with looks. Initial instincts are probably correct when guessing my age but people tend to over shoot it because it's not congruent with my lifestyle. I don't doubt when I'm older people will think the reverse.

People see what they want to see.

• I look younger, I mean I still get asked for ID (remember in Europe 18 is the legal age for alcohol etc...) and I'm almost 24.

• people always think I look younger. still get carded for booze sometimes and when I smoked was still getting carded at age 28. Despite the fact that I'm slowly going bald people still seem to think I look younger than I am.

which is great

• I've always been told that I have a baby face. I have a brother that's six years younger than I am, and it drives him crazy that everyone thinks that I'm the youngest.

• I look either a little younger or about my actual age. I never asked people to guess my age though. That's how I see myself when looking in the mirror.

• When I have facial hair like I almost always do (usually at least a goatee), then I look my age (24). But if I shave everything off, I can easily look like I'm still in high school.

• I'm 25 and I could pass for a 19 year old if I shave.

• Younger, most people mistaken me for 19-23 years old, around that area.

• I've been told I look older than I am. When I was 15, I was already being mistaken for an adult. I guess the tallness and low voice makes it seem so.

• lol yup. its dem Asian genetics ^_^.

• Apparently most of us look younger.

Damn we're a fit and fine group, we GaGers.

• Apparently I've always looked older than others. I remember how from the age of 14 and onwards people thought I was the oldest child in the family (My two sisters being four and six years old than me.)

• I'm 26. Most people think I look my age.

• I can look both older and younger ironically. I would shave after so many days and people mistake me for a 15 year old. But I look 20 when I show no care for anything in about 2 weeks.

• Definitely younger. Look at the most recent picture on my profile...I'm 28!

• I noticed this about you a long time ago. You stood out as someone who looks significantly younger then they actually are... if I didn't know better I wouldn't put you any older then 21 :)

• Not sure. Some people think I look younger, some people think I look older and some people think I look my age.

• I currrently look younger, its REALLY annoying now, but hopefully it will be rewarding in the future... :)

• I look younger than I am. That will probably change though, I'm starting to see a feather of wrinkles emanating from the corner of my eyes. Too much laughter to look young.

• younger but I'm OK with that.

• I was mistaken for a senior for apparently my face structor and my maturity? The guy who mistaken me for a senior still thinks I look and act like one for some reason lol

• People usually think I'm older than my actual age. I haven't been thought to be much older than three years my actual age. A lot of the time my height was what made me seem older when I was in my early teens.

• What if I told you that this is a common mistake people make in this particular age, as you actually don't show much aging. Because you're 22 damn it! By the way people tell me a younger age.

• People usually think I'm 4-5 years younger than I am.

• I look at least 2 years older than my age, from what others have said.

• i'll be 18 next month. I've had girls say I looked like a freakishly tall 14 year old and on the other end of the spectrum I've been told I look like I'm 21.

i get told I look younger more often.

• yes , I look older than I actually are ,because some people think I am a junior in college ,but I am a fresher actually ,haha

• I voted A I turned 29 last year and I still get mistaken for a young 20 year old.

• I still get asked if I'm high school sometimes. It kinda sucks not always being taken seriously. But id rather that than look old and have a receding hairline.

• More from Guys
    12