How can I look better physically?

I am looking for a little self help. I have always been physically ugly looking. Personality wise I'm fine. Have some good friends but when it comes to looks I'm not there. Not that I believe it or anything but the reality is physically I'm ugly. No one tells me this but the signs are there. I just want some ideas on how I can maximize my looks. I know you can only go so far with genetics but on the things I can change how can I get the most out of my looks?

I got good friends and am pretty outgoing. My body is above the average norm. Meaning I eat well and work out. But in reality It's the face. I always get the your a great guy but no comment. If I put a upper body picture at best I get a nice shirt or hat comment.

Most Helpful Girl

• You're not ugly at all. And I sure hope you're not one of those guys who whine about how no girl is ever going to date them because they only want model type guys.

My advice would be:

- losing the glasses would definitely help. Wear contacts instead of glasses

- I'm not a fan of the hairstyle where guys have like this micro bangs. Try a different hairstyle. Maybe grow it out a little bit and see what people say about it. You can try styling it in different ways if you have longer hair. But really, the "micro bang" is not really hot for me. I often see them in older men with no sense of style whatsoever. Sorry...

- Having a good body definitely helps, especially because you look like you have a bit of double chin. Losing the double chin will make your jaws more prominent and strong and strong-looking jaws are damn sexy.

What Girls Said 7

• -Probably lose weight.

-Wear contact lenses.

-Grow your hair a bit longer.

-Wear better clothes.

As for people who say politeness, I've never seen a guy get laid only because he was polite.

• I'm probably going to get lots of crap for this answer, but smile! It does wonders really. It'll make you seem very approachable and fun and, to many people, more attractive. Also if you dress yourself well it will make you more attractive, as will standing up straight (which will give you an air of confidence---always attractive!). I hope this is helpful!

• I don't see the ugly part..?

• Maybe get some contacts so your eyes will show more. Keep your hair well groomed(not that is isn`t in the picture) Try to make sure you have good posture. You do not look unattractive but these could help.

• I don't think you're ugly by any means, but you have a bit of a "hidden" appearance.

Have you considered a beard? A different haircut would help, too.

As far as stylish clothes: dark jeans with a single colored, slightly fitted t-shirt is an easy one. A leather jacket. Some shoes that aren't sneakers. All of my 'guy style' tips come from what my guy friends say works for them.

• Get a better haircut/hairstyle

Seems like you're carrying a little extra weight.

Lose the fat and gain muscle, and you'll notice a change in your face, so just continue until you get an ideal body.

And you could get contacts but it won't improve your appearance as much as much as the former.

• We all want to know how we can look better

By being rich

Getting cosmetic surgeries

Wearing some good clothes

Or maybe you can just try growing a beard

• I don't agree with professional photos because, we are not a picture. People see us in person not just in photos.

What Guys Said 5

• hey man, confidence can go a long way. Just because you don't have the looks doesn't mean you can't have the self confidence. Be outgoing and show women how much of an awesome, intelligent, nice, responsible man you really are. That's the real man that all women need. I suggest you consider eating smarter and get fit. Women enjoy their men in well shape, so she can take you to random life adventures. Keep your head up and start complimenting yourself. I want you to recognize what your good at and start verbally rewarding yourself.

See where that gets ya.

• this! confidence & politeness is so much more important than relying on looks alone to bag and keep a partner

• Haircut, glasses, physique, a unique style, and maybe some stubble. You definitely have plenty of room for improvement; that's a good thing.

You're not "ugly" per say; just unkempt.

• Should I lose the glasses? What do you mean buy unique style and haircut? My body is good just got a "fattish" face.

• Naw, I appreciate the bluntness. It's better than be lied too. I did gain a few pounds over the holidays but not too much so I could lose that. The haircut was professional done but the style I don't know what I'm doing. I need some gel or something.

• I think you should pay to get a professional stylist. They'll be better equipped to guide you in the right direction. In any case, yes the hair. Make it mission of it and get that sorted out. And contacts :)

Also... you could benefit from a professional photo shoot. It's always nice to have some quality photos of yourself. Certainly can't do any worse then your selfie you've posted.

• You can try contacts instead of glasses, since you say you work out, that's another suggestion. You can get a hair cut. But honestly this sounds more like a mental issue on your part rather than a physical one. Stop posting pictures of yourself on social media looking for validation would be #1.

• Google "5x5 heavy lift workout"

• How has exercise and dieting worked out for you in the past?