Why do good looking guys date unattractive girls?

I just don't get it!

This wasn't to offend anyone, just a question me and my girlfriends often wonder about, because most of the guys that we know are usually cheating on them anyway, so I was just curious why date them in the first place just to cheat?

Most Helpful Guy

• I have a lot of friends who are fashion models (people consider them very attractive), so your question although seemingly subjective, seems to be a pretty common phenomenon.

Many of the male models I know actually DO sometimes date girls that many would consider physically "not-as" attractive, for a variety of reasons. One of the main reasons is for the sex. These girls are often times cursed with the insecurity of having to feel that they are competing with a lot of other more attractive women, and so to compensate they tend to offer more tricks and services (so to speak).

I knew one girl who could suck a maraschino cherry through a coffee stirrer -- and that was just her warm-up routine! For many guys, this is an OPPORTUNITY that's simply too hard to pass up, especially when it won't cost them much time or money, and especially since the girl makes them feel like THEY are the ones who are being blessed by the guys company.

In contrast, the female models I know often times date guys who are generally considered "not-as" attractive, but for slightly different reasons. Usually because of the guys personality and social and/or financial status. And not surprisingly these types of guys also spend more time catering to women, as opposed to themselves, which is in stark contrast to their "better-looking" male counterparts.

But since "beauty is in the eye of the beholder", I guess it all works out in the end. (I think it's good when people get together for more than just looks, because otherwise we would eventually end up with just a really "good-looking" society -- that had very little else to offer :)

What Guys Said 5

• Because a lot of the good looking girls got nothing to offer besides looks. Sure they are eye candy, but many times they got nothing good to say, or no opinions on their own, so just good to use them for sex, and leave them. Who wants to be with an airhead?

• That might depend on what you consider unattractive.

Your update confuses me. It kind of undercuts your question since I'm now wondering: "Are they cheating with those hot girls sexwiseman mentioned? "

As for being offended. Get real. It's nice to say personality is king, but it's also bs. Appearance matters.

• Yes exactly, they are cheating on them with more attractive girls, so I'm confused as to why they are even with their girlfriends to begin with. As far as what's attractive. True it is in the eye of the beholder, but I'm judging by mosts standards

• I think that erases your question - sounds like they are dating girl #1 (the unattractive ones) out of convenience and wanting the attractive girls. I think they date girl #1 to have a girlfriend but prefer the others.

• Because maybe the guys don't think they are unattractive at all. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, as the saying goes.

• Because beauty is more than skin deep.

• Probably the same reason your boyfriend dates you

What Girls Said 5

• Because not all good looking guys are bad. Some actually have good hearts and like the person for who they are on the inside. God made us all different, just because people are not hit with the pretty stick doesn't make un-datable.

• Because they aren't shallow? Maybe you shouldn't be so jealous, that's even more unattractive then anything.

• Maybe you shouldn't get so offended unless you are one of those girls. Nobody is jealous, I was simply asking a question like everyone else here thank you!

• No, but I'm friends with two girls who have this asked of them all the time, my friends are such sweet kind loving wonderful people. Why shouldn't they have a nice looking guy? And who are you to judge? If you really are so shallow as to judge me based on

• My physical appearance then look in my profile, Judge away. I don't care what you think.

• A lot of attractive girls have been told they are attractive their whole lives so they are stuck up and don't think they need to work at having a personality so they usually don't and that can't be very much fun for guys to date a hot but hollow shell of a girl

• I heard that ugly girls are freakier/easier and they put up with more crap than the average girl.

• Yes I have heard this too. Just wondering if anybody was going to speak up on it instead of beating around the bush lol

• Well I think it's because they have a nice personality and I don't think that guys just care about looks. Why have something attractive I she has no knowledge of anything. It's better to have someone that doesn't look as good as you wished but is worth it, intelligence, personality and kindness. :)