What is good shampoo for people with oily hair?

I need some suggestions please :) :) my hair gets oily pretty easily and most shampoos just make it worse!

Most Helpful Girl

• Baking soda- I'm not kidding. It works. You get ~tablespoon of baking soda (or more if you have really long hair) ? mix it up with some water to make a paste ? put it on your head ? scrub ? rinse thoroughly w/water ? follow up w/a vinegar rinse

Vinegar Rise: one Tablespoon Vinegar (any kind works) + 2 cups water ? mix & rinse your hair with it

Part of the reason your hair gets oily is because shampoos can dry out your hair & scalp, then your body produces more oil to compensate. The great thing about this method is it's impossible to screw up & it won't dry your hair out.�

• I actually tried this tonight when I had a bath, my hair felt a little weird when I was drying it...so I'll need to wait til the morning to see if it's worked or not haha :)

• Oh, well I hope it all works for you. My hair felt weird the first time I did this too. The baking soda is really good at stripping out all the shampoo/conditioner residue in your hair, so "naked hair" probably going to take a bit of getting used to. I actually don't even use commercial shampoo/conditioner & my hair's just as good or better than it was back when I was; plus, baking soda & vinegar are dirt cheap.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 6

• go to sallys and buy a color bottle. fill it up with water and put a few tsp of baking soda in it then a couple drops of tea tree oil. shake it up and use it as shampoo. it obviously won't lather because of the lack of surfactants but its natural and I have really oily hair. the first two weeks will be difficult because your ph balance is adjusting so your hair will be a little oily and feel weird but after about two weeks you will have the best hair ever.

• Head and shoulders

• Head and shoulders works for me

• My hair gets oily pretty easily too. I use link Elvive products or Herbal Essences Beautiful Ends Shampoo and Conditioner link

• Maybe you shampoo too often try using a diluted one or cheap v05

• There is a citrus shampoo that Trader Joes has. Works good, not oily at all.

Don't use Pantene.

• Also there is a soap called Dr. Bronner's Castile soap, it comes in a liquid form and can be used on hair.