What's the difference between beautiful and sexy?

There are some guys that are sexy but somewhat unattractive and vice versa. Is it just me or is this possible?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think the words themselves are fairly subjective as everyone seems to have a different definition of them. However I think the difference is a person's personality versus physical attributes and the two combined.

What Guys Said 10

• Sexy is when I wanna bend a girl over and smash my penis inside with the force of 10 000 greek gods

Beautiful is when I wanna shove a ring on the girls finger with the force of 10 000 greek gods

• Sexy is just looks that makes me want to hook up.

Beautiful is me saying "Excuse me, but I think you're my wife because you aren't something that I can't find."

Yeah, Beautiful is nothing compared to sexy to me.

• Yup, 100%. Beautiful is in a picture/postcard kind of way. Sexy is about how you carry yourself, your attitude and that playful yet somewhat devious sort of attitude.

If you are beautiful and sexy? Well...the world is your oyster.

Like I've said a bunch of times - being attractive is not all about looks. Half of it is your attitude and how you carry yourself. You can be average looking and sexy/attractive as heck. You can also be beautiful yet average attractive.

• Sexy is how a woman carries herself, how she moves (granted being good looking always helps in this area). It's how a striper moves as she coming out on main stage to dance before she starts taking her cloths off.

Beautiful is how she looks as she's going to confession on Sunday to ask for forgiveness.

• I never refer to women as sexy only beautiful, gorgeous or breathtaking usually stuff around those lines. sexy just sounds to immature to me personal preference I suppose.

• Sexy directly implies attraction where beautiful does not.

• I think it depends on which word someone prefers. I don't really like the word sexy. I guess it's OK if you say it to your girlfriend or boyfriend, but if you say it to a random stranger it's just a little over the top.

• depends on characteristic of the guy...for instance one guy might call you beautiful as another guy might call you sexy. it just depends on the maturity of the guy.

• The word "beautiful" lacks emotion.

Sexy does not.

Beautiful is formal, implies no interest, and is a mere observation.

Call your mother beautiful. but God forbid you refer her as "sexy."

• Beautiful only lacks emotion if you do it never lacks emotion with me lol depends on the person.

• Of course subcommunication plays a role.

• beauty is angel sexy is devil I prefer both together

What Girls Said 4

• Beautiful encompasses many elements including sexy. It means the whole package.

Sexy is just that sexy.

I prefer beautiful over sexy or hot any day.

• Well, beauty and sexiness can be about how one carries oneself. It doesn't always have to be about appearance.

But to me, beautiful describes both appearance and personality. I would never call someone with a horrible personality "beautiful". Sexy is just sexy... meaning you're a person who is desired sexually and nothing more.

• Beautiful is someone who is pretty and nice looking.

Sexy is someone who makes you want to fuck. You can be both, but a sexy person is not always beautiful, and a beautiful person doesn't always have sex appeal

• Sexy has sex appeal

Beautiful does not