Are other girls now wearing black spandex shorts under their dresses?

Have I missed a new fashion trend here because I am normally on top of it with latest fashion.

Today when I was walking around town I noticed at least 10 other girls wearing black spandex shorts under their dress.

I could only just see them because they were a touch sticking below the dress from behind while they walked. You couldn't tell if they were standing still.

Should I wear some under my dress?

Most Helpful Girl

• Regular spanx have been around forever, but what you're talking about is a trend (i.e. bike style shorts showing underneath dresses and skirts). I've seen plain spandex ones, but also lace and other fancier ones.

link

link

link

I think it's cute :)

• What's the purpose of the second picture there. I mean what is she trying to pull off here?

• I don't think trends or fashion has a "purpose" beyond aesthetics.

• They weren't sticking way out like that since they were only visible as the dress bounced a bit as they walked. I think more now they were just trying to cover their underwear..

What Guys Said 4

• I thought girls have been wearing them for years now. Or maybe the girls I know got the memo early

• Well I only noticed for the first time today

• Yeah. I only saw them while out clubbing though

• I guess I have noticed it once or twice but usually the shorts would be shorter then the skirt (at least that is what I would think) so not really something I would notice then, lol. I guess if the dress is short and you are worried about flashing you could.

• On second thought these girls shorts were just shorter than the dresses but as soon as the dress moved around you could see the end of the shorts. I have actually decided to wear some black spandex shorts under mine as well. Ordered some real short ones so you shouldn't see them when I wear them.

• It's winter time, it's probably warmer for when they want to "dress up" but get cold easily

• I don't really get Winter where I am.

• Does it really matter where I live. It's warm enough to wear short dresses and skirts. The shorts aren't for warmth, they are to stop you looking at our underwear lol

• So you just answered your own question...and yes, it matters where you live, Why can't you just answer the damn question

• Yeah I've seen this heaps of times. I guess they feel safer if the wind blows their dress up or something

What Girls Said 6

• Ha I used to wear those short bike shorts every day when until 7th grade =)

I was a tomboy and our school had pleated skirts as a uniform. And there's this sick game the girls played where we used to lift each others' skirts up... Wearing the bike shorts made me feel so much more free.. They're shorter than the skirt though. I don't think it looks good if they're longer than the skirts. It would look odd, IMO.

• Yeah I have ordered some short black spandex shorts now to wear under my skirts and dresses. Made sure they are short so they don't stick out.

• I'd recommend buying black seamless boy shorts because they're shorter and have no panty lines. I do this occasionally and can remember many times when I should have worn shorts but sometimes the dress is just too tight.

• Hmm boy shorts are still underwear, I will go with black spandex shorts underneath since it's the underwear I am trying to cover and don't want someone to see.

• Yeah you should :) I wear shorts under my skirts/dresses all the time because I'm really self-conscious about what's under my skirt... :P

• Yep I definitely will now :) Don't want any seeing up my skirt either :p Are black spandex shorts the best ones to get or should I get some different colors for depending on the color (light or dark colored) of the skirt/dress I have? What do use underneath (kind of shorts, colors different skirt/dress)?

• Haha skin color usually works the best because it'll be harder to distinguish the shorts from your own skin :)

• Haha yeah maybe I should get more than one skin color pair of shorts :) I know exactly where to get them from :)

• You should definitely wear some if you don't want strangers looking at your underwear. :b

• Seems like a good idea, maybe I will. Would need to know where to find some black spandex shorts though.

• Good luck :)

• Thanks :)

• Wear what you feel comfortable wearing. I've never understood girls getting upset if guys make effort to look up their shirts. If you are wearing a short skirt,and going up a flight of stairs,ANYONE behind you can see your underwear automatically and everything else! Wearing shorts allows for people to STILL see up your skirt,but all they will see are shorts. So...your call. Do you want people to see your junk when the wind blows? Or do you want to feel confident wherever you go...your call.

• Would rather have some see the spandex shorts than my underwear or my booty. Yeah they can see up my skirt but there is nothing on show as my underwear is 100% securely covered. They just see black lol. Plus I can a lot more confident because I don' have to worry about how I will sit or if my skirt blows up since there is nothing to see :) If someone looks up my skirt so what, they can look at my black spandex shorts as much as they like XD

• I hear you girly and I agree. :)

• :)

• They're called spanx and they're wonderful , it's not a trend because they are not meant to be seen.

• Well I've seen heaps today because they were sticking out below the dress. And what is exactly is Spanx? What's the difference to Spandex Shorts or is it the same thing?