Beards. Yes or no, and if yes, what kind?

I was reading an article about how hipsters have started wearing beards to look less like douche bags, and how the author was ticked because it kept her from being able to easily differentiate real men from as she put it, poseurs. What do you think is an epic beard?

For ease of discussion, the basic types are:

1. The Neck beard

2. The Goatee

3. The Biker

4. The Duck Dynasty shrubbery

5. The Gandalf

6. The Pirate

7. The Robert E. Lee

8. The William Riker

Most Helpful Girl

• I love facial hair... on men :-P

I honestly think ALL men look better with some kind of facial hair. But each person looks better with a different style, so if you don't have the right style, it may look weird.

But yes, I love facial hair. I dated one man with a beard and I loved running my fingers through it. He loved that too actually, haha! Funny thing is, some women say they hate it because it burns their face. But the clean shaven men burned my face WAY more than the bearded man did because his was softer while their was sharp, just coming out of the skin.

Big facial hair fan here, yum yum :-)

Just a little, or a lot... doesn't matter. Like I said, the style depends on the man. Kurt Russell in The Thing, YAY-YAH! link

• ahaha settle down there tigress;)

• Haha!

I'm an advocate... spreading the word so more will grow :-P

• Thanks for BA :-)

What Girls Said 14

• That old racist homophobe dude from duck dynasty and his sons have epic beards. So does Santa and all the dudes from ZZ Top. Personally, I think it's gross to kiss a dude with more hair on his face than Sasquatch, it would probably start to stink after a while from sweat and end up with crumbs and other food particles stuck in the hairs and the dude sporting the beard would never know he's walking around with a bunch of crap in his facial hair or why flies won't leave him alone. I really feel that, short beards are attractive on men but, only in the winter also, a goatee is pretty sexy on a guy as long as he keeps it neat. Facial hair can look good on men because it adds masculine character to the face and make some men look distinguished but, anything in excess looks freakish or blatantly unhygienic.

• hmm well the goatee is alright one some guys, my boyfriend has 1.

im not really into like, beard beards, I'm into the scruffy thing that's just beyond stubble, you know? that's nice.

anything more than that is a little much for me, but it looks pretty good on some guys if they werk it well=]

• I don't mind beards but I prefer "The Blue-collar" as in what my guy friends look like during the spring and fall when they work 18 hour days for 10 days straight and you're lucky if they have time to shower. Also 5-o'clock shadows are hot too. As long as it doesn't look like he trimmed his beard to look like something stylish, I like LOL

I don't have any issues figuring out who the real men are, poseurs never last more than 5 minutes around me. I'm a bit too redneck, and too rough for them.

• I don't think that I have much of an idea of an epic beard, but myself it depends person to person, because there are some people that can pull stuff of that others can't. Such as Billy Gibbons, not everyone can pull that off, but he rocks it along with his band mates.

• Hell yes to beards so freaking attractive. I like the beards of the guys on Duck Dynasty.

• facial hair turns me off.

• yes, but not too much like santa or gandalf, just a little like gerard pique whe he has beard, or like george clooney, just a masculine beard :D love !

• Not a fan of full beards but I love scruff on a guy

• I don't really like beards at all. Id probably got for the goatee if anything. but it can't be long...i like a little scruff but that's it.

• I love a good, full beard.

• Nope

• No I hate beards

• I like goatee

• I don't mind beards on men as long as they are well kept,clean,and groomed.

What Guys Said 2

• I don't like my beard. It ends up getting curly and bushy when it grows out. But I love stubble; or maybe I just hate razors.

• Was this article from about 4 years ago?

• Maybe. I didn't check the date on it. It just popped up on another story.