Girls what is the reason you wear makeup?

I find the idea of make up silly. OK so people want to hide a few pimples or a bit of acne here and there but if that were the sole reason then a lot more guys would be wearing make up too. Why wear makeup at work? There is no shame in having pimples if you think about it rationally! If it helps cover up insecurities then ask yourself why do these insecurities exist in the first place? Non bullshit answers would be much appreciated. Search deep down in yourself and think of a good reason to wear make up.

Most Helpful Guy

• Men fall in love with their eyes, women fall in love with their ears.

It's why men lie and women wear make up.

• True and real love doesn't work this way but maybe crushes and infatuations do.

• Who doesn't fall in love with their bellies though? Everyone loves a good meal.

Hell, I could use a Pizza right now.

• Spot on, Kambo!

What Girls Said 21

• I definitely do not have perfect skin. Not even close! So I tend to wear some makeup to cover some of it up. However, I only put on a bit. I put on so little that it looks like I have normal and natural imperfect skin WITHOUT makeup...if that makes sense. And I think that's what should be done if makeup is needed for self confidence boost - because honestly, it is. Society has made us think that not having flawless skin or features is a bad thing when it really isn't. That's why I only put on a bit - because I don't want to COMPLETELY cover up my imperfections, but only enough to make me feel good and MYSELF still.

My boyfriend has seen me with and without and always is shocked at the fact that he can't see a difference, haha. Which means my minimal amount is keeping me happy AND making me still look like myself which is NOT perfect :)

Overall, makeup is usually just a confidence booster for women. It's the media that really has it engraved in our minds that we are to look perfect for men .. even if men say they don't want that. It has gotten us to think that normal hormonal changes like pimples/acne is NOT okay and normal when really..it's probably the most natural and normal thing out there.

There's also many other reasons for women wearing makeup. Like for themselves. Makeup is fun! It's fun to play around with different designs and styles :) As long as it doesn't look clown-ish haha.

But since your question seems to really be targeted at covering imperfections .. well, it just makes us feel better. That is all, really.

• Because it evens skin tone, covers flaws, enhances our natural features, and helps us look altogether healthier and more feminine.

• Because we all want to look as perfect as the airbrushed women on the giant ads on the streets. After all, it's what you guys are exposed to every day. Poreless, flawless faces. No pimples. Pimples are the opposite of perfection and beauty.

Makeup might not erase insecurities, but it sure helps many women feel confident if the bags under their eyes or their pimples aren't visible. It makes us hate ourselves less.

Besides, makeup makes us feel al "put together" and presentable. It's just like dressing up. You don't go to work in your pajamas and bunny slippers with no bra on, you dress up. To make yourself presentable so people won't run away when they see you.

• I have discoloration from a skin rash that took over my face at one point. The rash itself was incredibly painful, but it also wrecked my self esteem. My skin is completely clear now and I am so grateful, but I have 2 or 3 red red spots that I'm very self conscious about, so I use some mineral powder.

• I wear very natural make up, so most people actually comment on why I even bother wearing make up. The reason is that I don't want to feel like I don't care about how I look. It sounds stupid, I guess it's because I often hear people talk about how it's unattractive to see a girl that doesn't try to look good at all.

• Because i need to fill in part of my eyebrows that are non existent, to lighten my eye circles that i have from staying up too late, and i stopped wearing foundation. But i use it to look less tired

• I don't wear any makeup, not even cover up of foundation. The only time I wear it is when I go to a wedding. Besides weddings there are no other reasons to wear it really. It is a hassle to put on, you can't touch your face without being cautious. I also find it a waste of my money and time.

• Women dont wear make up to hide acne, well not all. Most women dont even have a acne amd they still wear makeup. make up is to highlight your futures and by that I mean if a girl has pretty eyes she will mlst likely wesr eyeline and mascara to make them pop more. Make up highlights your good futures and overshadows your bad ones

• I like the wear a light powder just to cover up a few blemishes and make my skin seem a litter smoother, sometimes I also have really bad dark circles from studying late at night. I can definitely walk out my house without make up but I've gotten so used to putting on make up, it's part of my daily routine. I don't depend on it to feel confident about my looks but t does make me feel pretty and look more put together.

• I do my makeup because its my lifestyle. Im a professional cosmetologist with a focus on makeup art. To me I feel like if I dont use makeup then im not setting a great example for my clients and when I do put my makeup on its like free advertising.

• I wear it because I want to. No other reason.
    Not all girls wear makeup to conceal imperfections, many wear it to make them seem more presentable in certain situations, like work, and others just wear it because they want to look good and 'sexy'.

• Because it's fun to apply. Makeup is my hobby and I like doing it in the morning because it calms me down. Thats it. If I don't feel like it then I don't wear makeup.

• Because it makes me look better. Without it I feel ugly, with it I feel okay

• Not even going to lie its just to feel better about myself. And if anybody can do anything to make them feel better I think they should be able to do it without being questioned.

• I wear it to brighten my eyes and cover the dark circles under my eyes.

• To make myself pretty for males

• I'm really into rock and metal music... so i like the way dark eye makeup gives me a gloomier, spookier look.

• i only wear mascara on weekdays for work and no other make up...on weekends i go makeup free, and i prefer make up free days :)

• Wearing makeup to work is just professional to me, adult women just look more put together

• Hides my italian bags and some odd spots like my freckles eye make up more awake.

• I don't wear makeup very often, but when I do, it's because I feel like it! :) esp when going out, it's fun to do & experiment with different colors.

What Guys Said 0