Why don't guys like high waisted clothing on girls?

I don't understand, I think it looks great. High waisted shorts, jeans, and skirts are all adorable.

What's the problem?

In fact, I feel like I look better wearing high waisted clothing. I have a small waist so it really accentuates my figure

Most Helpful Girl

• I love high waisted pants and skirt. People will call it 80s but idc, it is sexy in my eyes. It just pronounces your figure more... that small waist andperky butt of mines. When I wear them I get more stare then with todays style jean. Not all high waist pants suit everyone though. I am glad I am not the onky one who think like this is GAGS. But I am so IN LOVE with high waist. I feel like I just work the street with them on.

What Guys Said 11

• It looks awful because it messes up the proportions of the body. It elongates the butt, while shortening the torso. I like a nice long torso, and I don't agree it accentuates a woman's figure, it rather distorts it. High waist skirts are probably the worst, because they shorten the the upper body so much while having bare legs. Regular, low waist will accentuate and show off your figure much more.

In the end, you should wear what you feel comfortable in.

• Not a fan at all. They brake up a woman's curves and make everything look disproportionate; especially from the back.

If high waist bell-bottoms ever come back in style I'll be the first to off myself :)

• I find it makes women's proportions seem -odd-. Like they have really short torsos with a long 'hip' area. I find a dropped waist more attractive. I can't really say why.

• I think it's cute & hot!The in thing seems to be low waisted, but I think high is stylish. That's a good look for tucking in as well.

• Cause it looks stupid.

kheserthorpe's assessment is accurate it doesn't accentuate anyone's figure. It makes you look like a pencil.

It also makes your crotch look enormous. just saying.

• NO. They're awful. They hide all the sexy curvy bits around the hips, which are the sexiest part of the body, and they make you look all out of proportion. Plus they look like they're from the '80s, which is bad enough in itself.

• I like how high waisted skirts look on girls. It depends for shorts, sometimes it looks good and sometimes not. Do not like the high waisted jeans look at all.

• For the same reason women don't like mankinis? They just look out of place? =S

• I associate that style with overweight, and elderly women. I don't mind a girl in a high wasted skirt, that can look good, but high wasted shorts and jeans are not going to light my fire. At least if they are as high as I think.

• High waist jeans are sexy. You probably have not seen the right person with it on, that's why.

• I've seen enough to know it's not my personal favorite. I'm sure it can be done right, but I still prefer normal or lower waisted clothes on a girl.

• Didn't your status update just sort of answer your own question. It all depends on the wearer

• High wasted clothes look terrible on everyone!

How does this look adorable? link

What Girls Said 3

• Why does it matter what guys think of what you're wearing? You wear your clothes for you, not guys.

• hahah well I have like four pairs of high waisted jeans and I wear them every day, so yah, I'm just wondering

• Besides, guys really don't care. It's about how women view other women. Men are more worried about how to get them off of you, lol

• That's pretty much my point as well as guys just don't care about fashion.

• Some think it looks good

• I love them and wear them all the time. I agree, I think they're flattering link