Guy gave me his number, but I have a boyfriend.

I was in the shoe store trying on shoes and I guy came up to me. He chatted with me for a few than gave me his number on a piece of paper. Two days later I found the paper in my coat pocket, I decided just to text him. No flirting, just asks him how his day went and chatted like regular, I told him goodnight and said I'll text him tomorrow. The thing is I have a boyfriend, so should I just tell him?

We'll I just texted him apologizing and how I have a boyfriend. I honestly wasn't texting him in a romantic way, I'm just a outgoing person and I was just planning to chat. I realize I had to take the guys feelings into consideration and realize his motives were more than chatting. Thanks for the responses.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't see why you would text him. You know he's interested in you romantically right? I'd lose interest in a girl pretty fast if I found out she did stuff like this. Not only would I not tell him, I would delete his number. Ask your boyfriend what he would think.

What Guys Said 2

• If you have a boyfriend, what are you doing taking numbers from random me? And why the hell did you text him?

You can defend yourself with "we're just friends" and "we didn't flirt" as much as you like, but there must be a reason you decided to text him. Nothing good will come of this. If you fancy the other guy, do your boyfriend a favour and end the relationship now.

• *First sentence should read "random men"

• Nothing to fancy lol just a quick chat, but I'll stop talking to the other guy.

• This is interesting. I'm working on approaching girls, and I'd like to hear more details about what exactly he did right that made you want to text him.

What Girls Said 6

• Yes definitely, it maybe innocent but it could also be classed as cheating if your boyfriend doesn't know.

• ignore him if you think your going to get tempted

• You gave him mixed messages when you accepted his number you should have been honest from the first and said I am really flattered but I am taken. How would you like if your boyfriend did that to you? You would be pretty jealous. You are best to delete his number or ignore his texts all together.

• Why would you? What if your boyfriend did that to another girl?

• Yeah I know I've realized my mistake already lol not like I slept with him or anything

• Why would you text him then? You clearly aren't happy with your man

• Guess I'm not

• Then why are you with him

• Yes. Please do not lead him on.