Are Tattoos A Turn Off?

I have a tattoo of a star on my wrist it's not big maybe a bit bigger than a toonie.

I went on a date the other night and when the guy picked me up he saw it and was like "oh..You have a tattoo" (When we met he couldn't see it because of my sweater)

I asked him if he had a problem with it and he said he didn't. But the whole night I kept catching him staring at my wrist.

It's been a little over a week and he hasn't called or made any contact with me.

Do guys find it unattractive for girls to have tattoos?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don' t like tattoos at all; but you're more than just some ink on your skin, if I met someone special and their whole body was covered in tattoos I would stay with them. Love is hard to find! Probably wouldn't want to see her naked though...

What Guys Said 18

• all depends on that guy, personally I don't care if there there or not. the only reason a tattoo would turn me off is if its a full sleve type thing, or really big. something small like yours is no problem, actually it sounds kinda hot

• Yes, I don't like tattoos. Little ones are okay...especially if they aren't too conspicuous but I don't like it for several reasons. I wouldn't let it deter me from someone I was interested in (unless it was massive and obtrusive). So, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Your personality is much more important.

As for the guy, why not give him a call and see if he is interested in meeting again?

• Tats kinda suggest to some people that you have a wild side that they might be uncomfortable with, and I think at least one religion has rules specifically against them. It's a little bit like a sign that says "I do stuff some people might consider irrational on impulse!". He might have looked at it as an imperfection that you purposely had etched into your skin.

Not that some guys wouldn't also consider such a small tat cute or endearing, it just takes a certain type to appreciate them.

• I find tattoos quite appealing on a girl. Little stuff like your star for example. An entire back covered in tattoos or whatever might be another story but I doubt it would really put me off. It all comes down to personal prefference really, one guy hates them and the other loves them. I find it a silly reason to turn someone down for, though.

• i think the majority of guys do find tattoos on a girl unattractive, of course I could be wrong. but to me yeah they do seem trashy and a turn off.

• Generally, I think tattoos on girls are unattractive.

Especially if they're the same designs that everyone else has. It's a long-term commitment to a short-term trend, and that makes me wonder about her reasoning and decision-making skills.

• For me, tattoos can either be a turn on or a turn off. It really depends on the placement, the size and the meaning of the tattoo. A star on the wrist would not make a difference to me.

• I don't like them, and if your date went well except for the tat then that might be the reason behind the no call

• Tattoo's on chicks are awesome. The more the better! - j

• I generally find tattoos unattractive. At best they don't make a girl look worse, but I've never seen a tattoo make a girl actually look better. It wouldn't be a dealbreaker for me though.

• Yes they're unattractive. I think they're pointless. Why brand yourself like cattle?

• Some do, some don't. Its a personal preference thing.

• Honestly some guys don't like tattoos.

• tattoos on girls are hot, except on the arms.

• It really depends on the tattoo. One might be a huge turn on, and another might be a huge turn off. yours sounds kind of borderline for my taste.

• i like tattoos on girls but depends on the place the size and meaning a star in the wrist I don't mind but maybe others would .

• generally yes. they 99% of the time lack originality or style... and if its a trampstamp, that person KNOWS what people are thinking of her if they can see it lol. Its not called the trampstamp just for kicks :D

but I guess if its something ACTUALLY meaningful. not something strictly "cool" or whatver, and it encompasses something of meaning to the person and is placed in a "appropriate" place on the body, yeah it can be good. (im not saying appropriate means not on the ass cheeks or right about the clitoris.. appropriate as in it makes sense why a tatoo would be there for that specific meaningful tatoo)

• i think the only place a tattoo looks good on a girl, is near her belly button on the side, or her back just above her butt.

What Girls Said 7

• He's not worth knowing if he's that stuck up about your tattoos. I call my tattoos arsehole detectors, so far they've worked fairly well.

• Depends on the guy...my boyfriend doesn't like them on me he says ill look better without them but I have then and my exes loved them on me just depends

• for some it is, but I know tons of guys that think a girl with tats is hot

• In my opinion I think most guys do like tattoo's it makes them think your more adventurous. It just depends what kind of guy your going for. Its usually the wild guys that like them but not like extremely wild.

• i dislike them on guys

• Tattoos are fine if they're meaningful, but if it was just some drunken stupid thing, then no.

• I think they look good on girls.