How to stop being immature?

I'll be 19 in a couple of months and I feel like I'm immature. I hold on to grudges, I have a bad temper, still live with my grandmother, kind of lazy (who am I kidding I am lazy) etc. On the other side I'm going to junior college full time while looking for a part time job. I also looking to transfer to another 2 year school with a dorm so I can move out, and about to start up counseling for my anger. What are some things I can do to stop being immature?

Most Helpful Guy

• Nothing works like time and experience.

What Girls Said 2

• Immaturity is a situational condition. Growth is a choice. You're choosing to maintain the routine that breeds the youthful behaviors. No on ever really changes until they are forced to by their environment. Set some rules for yourself, and then DO NOT break them for any reason, even once. Because then you'll start making excuses and then eventually slip right back down. The first step into achieving adult independence is learning how to manage your money. If you don't earn your own money, try to completely cut out any purchases that are not completely necessary like food and shelter. If you do earn your own money, DO NOT borrow from anyone if at all possible. Try everything to get by on your own. And pay rent to grandma, even if she doesn't want it. Tell her to take it anyway, and if she wants, she can hold it for you until you move out.

• I think counselling is your answer honestly. The fact that you know yourself so well is proof that you have a great chance of making improvements where you want

What Guys Said 2

• Taking on responsibility, both in terms of doing things yourself as well as holding yourself accountable for the things that happen in your life (and the things that don't).

• Nothing develops maturity like adversity. The further you can get out of your comfort zone, the faster you'll see results.