How long should shoes last?

How long do your shoes usually last? what's the longest time you've had a pair of shoes?

0|0
21|6

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm a clotheshorse and I invest in shoes. The oldest pair of shoes I own are over 15 years old. They were handmade in Spain and when I've worn them down I take them to a cobbler and get them fixed up. I don't wear them very often but I still adore them. A quality pair of shoes should last you a long time, but my sneakers tend to go after a couple of years or so.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 20

• Cheap shoes will last a year or so. I buy good quality boots that last 5+ years in Canadian winters. Sandals and flats I buy cheap because I don't wear the same pair often anyway. Sneakers wear out for me about once a year but that's because I average about 30 miles a week.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on what kind of shoe. For instance, for pointe shoes I can go through certain models in less than a class. Good quality sneakers should last a year. Uggs should hopefully last 2 years. I have sperrys from a year and a half ago that I wear tons that are still good.

0|0
    0|0
  • 3-4 months that too since I haven't worn them much

my school pair has lasted me 4 years I think and that too because of the quality they were well over $150

0|0
    0|0
  • I try changing my running shoes every 8 - 12 months.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, since I wear my converse everyday, they last me one and a half years. (longest time)

shortest time was 11 months.

Heels last me around 4 years because I usually wear them on occasion.

Boots, 3 years - present

0|0
    0|0
  • Longest: 5 years High Top Vans. I would wear them every now and then so... yeah lol :) I liked them a lot but didn't go with just any outfit.

Shortest: 7 months, my running/workout shoes.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think that would depend on your life style. If you are active and you bought a decent pair of shoes then Id say they might last for a year or so. But like I said, It really depends on you and what you do and hw often you wear them.

0|0
    0|0
  • At least 5 years depending on the activity.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ones you wear all time time: 2 years tops.

Wear occasionally/only certain seasons (like winter boots): 5-7 years.

0|0
    0|0
  • At least a year. But I've had some boots that got ruined the first day lol .The bottom of them just ripped off.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've had a pair of sketchers for six years and still have them. They aren't suitable for public viewing but for outside work I slip them on. The shortest amount I've had a pair of shoes was about seven months. They were a cheap brand.

0|0
    0|0
  • depends on the quality. some only last me for one season.

0|0
    0|0
  • 8+ years

0|0
    0|0
  • it depends what you're doing, most my shoes last 5-7 years

0|0
    0|0
  • A year and half

0|0
    0|0
  • Three years chuck taylors

0|0
    0|0
  • a year

0|0
    0|0
  • Boots last for years.

Work shoes 1- 2 1/2 years

Tennis shoes maybe 6 months.

0|0
    0|0
  • About a year

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on how often I wear them. I had a pair of sneakers that I walked in every day and they lasted just a few months, but I have a pair of boots that I wear only in winter and this is the third winter I've used them.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 6

• Depends on the shoe, how often you wear them, and if they're resoleable.

Better men's dress shoes can be resoled, if you wear them say once a week, use shoe trees, polish occasionally and resole as needed, they'll last decades.

If you wear a pair every single day and don't care for them, they'd be dead in a year for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • My shoes for about a year because even the best shoes can't handle my performance. My cousing... 5-7 years and it still looks new!

0|0
    0|0
  • I have a pair of boots that I bought around 3 years ago. They've been through a lot but they look brand new still. It's really the only shoes I ever wear anymore

0|0
    0|0
  • the longest I would say is about a year, usually they only last 2-3 months 4 if i\I'm lucky.

0|0
    0|0
  • A few months. I only buy one pair and then wear them out; my mother claims I'm a shoe devil because they wear out so fast.

I probably should next time buy two pairs ...but I hate shopping and, well, I'm a guy and only need one pair

0|0
    0|0
  • It just depends on how often you wear them, how you treat them, etc.

Mine are currently rather beat up, but I've had them ever since early 2012 and they aren't uncomfortable yet (they've lasted much, much longer than my previous pair). I probably should get new shoes, but I'm a bit sentimental with this pair.

My shoes usually last between 6-12 months I think.

0|1
    0|0
    • sounds about right for me too. I just want to add cost of the shoes effects how long they last too.

• I think these shoes cost between $30-$45ish.

$15-20ish Walmart shoes are my usual, so perhaps there's the difference. My last pair I ever got from Walmart though ended up tearing up within about 2 months.

• I gotten shoes before that only lasted only 2-3 months. But now I go to a local discount store that has quality brand shoew like nikie for more than half the price.