Bikini or one piece?

ok might be a stupid question but do guys prefer a bikini or a one piece swim suit? I feel pretty self-conscious about wearing a bikini but I want to at the same time... but I don't want to look like I think my body's great...ah!

Most Helpful Guy

• Most guys will definitely say bikini, but that's simply because it has lower cloth-to-skin ratio. (MOST guys, not all) I think when choosing a swimsuit and in fact any piece of clothing you choose something that's beautiful and suits you, not something that's "hot," which is really just shorter word for sexual, or even "sexy," cause I doubt your going to the beach to have sex. I know a girl who wears a one piece with shorts when she goes swimming because she believes modern swimwear is immodest. I not only respect her for that, I still believe she is one of the most beautiful girls I have ever seen.

Sorry, that was much longer than I meant it to be... Shorter version, I'd say one piece because you'll still look beautiful and guys will spend more time looking at your face.

What Guys Said 17

• I would say it is all about what YOU are comfortable wearing!! Women who are a delightfully soft, and snuggly-like, tend to go to one-piece, and sometimes with a short, or skirt, trying to hide what they are uncomfortable with.
    Guys that really like you are going to LOVE seeing you in ANYTHING that hugs, contours, and is revealing, and are more interested in you, than how you are comparing yourself to some other woman, or some model!
    Most of the Models are TERRIBLY skinny, like 'concentration-camp' survivors, showing rib bones, and hip bones!! Who wants to cuddle with that!!
    I like a confident woman, and even if she maybe feels a little insecure, she just uses her personality, and we connect with that!!
    Society, and magazines make women feel like they are NEVER good enough, but the reality is that a guy that really likes YOU, doesn't even care that you have the 'defect's that you, and other women see!! Mostly because he doesn't even notice them!!
    Stop judging yourselves so harshly, and just relax, and find the 'Nice Guy' that REALLY likes you!!

• bikini if your a skinny one, if your all flabby hide it.

• its been a very long time since I've seen anyone wear a one piece. I didn't know they still made them. just go with the bikini you'll be fine.

• I think most guys would say they prefer a bikini. But obviously bikinis are right for every body type. Girls look great in one-piece suits too. Wear whatever you feel most comfortable in.

• Depending on your body weight...If you do have a fairly average body I would say go with a bikini. I personally like the ones that tie on the side or the ones that have rings on the side.

• a bikini

• In my opinion, I'd advise to play to your body. Know what looks good and what doesn't. Some girls look great in bikinis and really bad in one-pieces, and vice-versa.

That being said, if you're not comfortable in one or the other, then don't wear that one. You're doing yourself no favours if you don't like what you're wearing.

• I'd go with anything that makes you feel beautiful:) as long as you are comfortable guys will be attracted to you

• I wear a tankini for modesty reasons

www1.macys.com/.../island-escape-tribal-print-tiered-tankini-top-swim-skirt

Prefer to wear this over a bikini

• Definitely bikini

• bikini

• For me, bikinis are hotter

• Bikini all the way, don't be self conscious dominate the beach.

• Go with the bikini:)

• Always a bikini - if you suit one

• has to be the 2-piece bikini for me

• It really depends on what your body looks like. What are your measurements?

What Girls Said 10

• It really depends on your height, body type, if your curvy, thinner, etc. I would go bikini shopping and try on every different type of style bathing suit you see and see what works best for your body. A swim suit you might have never picked out might look great on your form. I would do the same thing with bathing suit colors too.

• if you actually have tummy fat then wear a one piece but if people compliment you on your body, and you weigh less than 140, wear a bikini.monokinis are cute too and they are still sexy but a one piece. from my experience, guys like it when I wear a bikini, but I weigh 105

• I dont know how old the question is but
    Both can look very beautiful!
    Bikinis just show a little more of the body!

www.southbeachswimsuits.com/.../...02_IND.5014.jpg

s1123.photobucket.com/.../VSyellow.jpg.html

• wear something that you feel comfortable in. because when ur comfortable with yourself, your not constantly trying to hide your body. so comfortable=sexy! have fun! =)

• Some guys say they prefer one-piecers, I haven't seen percentages though.

Most men I know prefer bikinis on women. I love wearing bikinis!

• Bikini for sure. Sadly most of us don't have the bikini bod. 😂

• confidence is always best, wear what you're most comfortable in and you'll look like a rock star.

• DEFINITELY BIKINI

• if ur not chubby bikini is better

• Guys prefer bikinis I asked my boyfriend