What age do people stop looking good?

At a certain age people start to lose their looks unless they have a facelift or anti aging treatments. I know some people who look very good for their age and some who don't, I think that comes down to health habits when they were younger as well as how much effort they put into taking care of themselves.

Most Helpful Girl

• My grand mother was in her 70s & she was a looker. My mother is pushing 80 she still looks way younger then many women 20 years younger hopefully those good genes have been past on to me. I think a lot of it's in how you look after yourself.

What Guys Said 19

• link age 71

link age 58

link age 68

link age 78

These are people w/o the muscular bodies who 'maintain' themselves physically but are fit too. There are tons of those who aren't celebs but look good even after the 'normal' age considered older :)

But yes health habits are a must - you are right there :)

Not everyone changes for the worse :) there are those like wine - older the better

It's also in the attitude, confidence, how they carry themselves and how life treats them :) - apart from genetics, healthy living & circumstances ;)

• Everyone's different. I stopped looking good when I was 7, but some people still look good when they're 70. Of course everyone who still looks good at 70 has probably had some surgery done.

• It's not like it's just over one day, it's a slow decline from a peak.

On average women peak around 20 and men more like 28-30. Obviously if you are in bad shape at that age and great shape 5 years later your personal peak will be later.

Health habits definitely slow the decline.

Don't smoke, don't tan, stay in shape and you may look not quite as good but still desirable for a long time.

• For women it's usually between 25 and 35 depending on their genetics and how they take care of their health.

For men it's usually between 45 and 55 depending on their genetics and how they take care of their health.

Not counting cosmetic surgery of course.

• Its all relative - when I was 18 I had a 18 year old girlfriend who was right for me then as I aged the girl had aged, so now I'm a grandfather and there are probably women my age I'd prefer to be seen with than an 18yr old. But yes, some don't age well. Some do.

• There is no correct answer. Different for every person and on a variety of factors.

• Depends how you define "good". For girls, it's generally downhill all the way from 16-17, but not really dropping off a cliff until the mid- to late-thirties. Guys probably have the potential to age a bit better, but are more likely to let themselves go instead.

• lol Females are still developing at 16 and 17 and most have not even left the awkward stage yet

• But they don't "look good," at least not like they did when they were younger, and that's because they've aged. They are still considered desirable because of their wealth, talent and personalities and that's not the same as "looking good." That all gets factored in for guys and not so much for women. Why else would Miley Cyrus be No. one on the Maxim list, lol? Also there are many women on that list who've "dropped off the cliff." Christina Hendricks, Cameron Diaz, Eva Mendes, Zooey Deschanel,

• Shakira, Jessica Chastain, Rachel McAdams, Emmy Rossum, Rachel Bilson, Berenice Marlohe, Oliva Munn, Olivia Wilde, etc. etc. These women are in their mid-30s and up.

• My face always changes don't know why...

• I think it's about 50+

• Some never look good n some never stop

• For girls it tends to be mid twenties. For guys mid forties.

• 45ish

• People look good at all age it depends who is looking at you...

• 40s

• All very different, both genes and many, many other things.

My mother is 75 years old and looks 50 - heck, she could even pass off as 45 years old; no surgery no nothing. Just good genes ...which I hope I have

• Assuming the person takes care of themselves?

A cute girl will not look nearly as hot at 33 compared to how she did at 23.

• at 23

• It varies by race.

• What age?

Oh I'd say at around 33 years, 7 months, and 12 days...

What Girls Said 17

• I agree with everyone else... it depends on who you ask. I personally think I've been getting better looking as I age. I get mistaken for a HS student all the time though which can be frustrating since I'm 27. The man I'm dating is 40 and when I see pictures of him when he was younger I also think he looks better now.

• About 6 months after marriage in general...

• Really depends on what age suits you best. I was an ugly awkward duckling until I reached 23 and I've been getting better looking every year. Now I'm approaching 30 and have never looked better. I see many glamorous people of all ages who refuse to give in to the "I'm old so I can let myself go" mentality and fair play to them.

• I'd also add that genetics and stress play a role in how well you age so I can't really put an exact number on when people stop looking good. Like another person said, it's just when you stop having that glow. For many people I've seen though, they start losing it around their mid to late thirties.

• This presupposes that beauty and looks are defined by youthful appearance. The two are not the same. I consider someone like Susan Sarandon to be a remarkably beautiful woman. She does not need to look 18 to "have looks". Patrick Stewart does not look youthful by any stretch of the imagination, but is an attractive man.

Looks change over time for sure, but that does not equal a loss. We have equated looking like a woman to looking like we are perpetually 20. In my opinion, women look their most "womanly" starting around 30 or so and into their 40s.

• It varies by individual. Women tend to age better than men, as we are usually more healthy conscious and take far better care of our skin. Most people can look good well into their 30's with a healthy diet and exercise and proper skin care.

• Whenever they decide to stop taking care of themselves. There are 50 y.o. people out there that look very attractive. There are teenagers who don't take care of themselves and some don't look very attractive.

• Anyone can look good at any age regardless of their racial background.

• People stop looking good when they stop caring about themselves and lose their self-esteem.

Both my grandmas are beautiful ladies, even though they're over 60.

• The age when they stop looking after themselves.

• i would say after 50.

• After 45 I think

• hmm for most white people - 24 (too much marijuana, booze, drugs and junkfood)

Asian people - 33 - 45, gravity takes over their face.

Black - don't know. They look young like Asians unless they have a bad diet.

• It really depends on the individual.

But what I find is generally women's appearance start declining after 22 and men after 30-33 from my observations. Where I live the girls start partying, drinking, smoking, doing drugs, wearing face full of makeup really early like around 14, whereas the guys don't really start that kind of lifestyle until college, so maybe that has something to do with it. I'm almost 26 but I look way younger than the vast majority of hard looking, weathered 18 year old girls around here.

• it depends on the person really but probably 40+

• That depends on the race and gender. I think women look better in their 30s while African and Asian people age slower.

• Yeah I agree with what you said to an extent but some people live healthy lives and look after themselves and still age and can look not so plump and fresh. Its also down to your genetic make up or "dna" there is no average age its just simply when they stop looking so vibrant.