Do some girls soldier through the cold weather just to look good?

This isn't a question regarding whether girls dress revealing to attract attention from guys, although I can understand if that's a possible answer to the question I'm asking.

I see a lot of girls around campus who are wearing revealing clothing at this time of the year. I see girls wearing crop tops with their stomach and belly button showing, I see girls wearing short skirts (sometimes even without tights underneath), I see girls wearing low cut tops and exposing some cleavage. Some times these girls may wear a coat on top but more time than not they leave their coats open. Unbuttoned and unzipped etc and it's absolutely freezing outside. I can't imagine how they are putting up with this weather by dressing the way they do. I would've guessed that during this time of year they would wrap up to keep warm.

Do some girls dress revealing even in the cold weather just to look good? Is it really worth the effort if you're going to catch an illness or something?

Most Helpful Girl

• You don't get sick from being cold directly. the relationship is that cold and tiredness can suppress your immune system and make you more susceptible to a cold or cause a worse cold if you come in contact with it. You still have to pick it up from something/someone. This something does not include cold weather.

Yes. Some girls do this, some don't.

I aim to look fashionable and elegant, which you can pull off most days without being particularly cold, though I do re-think this if I am not just getting around the city but actually doing outdoor sports/activities. I think the girls trying to pull "sexy" or a little "exposed" in winter just look like they are advertising that they are mentally damaged tramps. Honestly, when it hits -30C, and you aren't even wearing tights and you have exposed skin at your pant-line, you don't look like you have a brain. Also, I think at that temperature, most guys are racing to their destinations thinking "FFFF*********CKKKKKK it is COLD!" and not hanging out in the street trying to pick up women.

What Girls Said 17

• I never understood why some woman chose looking good over feeling good. I remember going on a bus during ton a windy day and seeing a woman there with bare arms exposed (This was not the winter but it was still very cold and windy outside)

• I see some girls at the clubs in short dresses. I can't do that. I went out in leggings, a jacket and a top and got sick so I don't know how they do it

• Honestly, I'm the type of girl, that if its freezing, I'm going to dress for that weather. Whether it be in:

-sweatpants

-long sleeved shirt

- and god knows what else

-uggs

OR:

-a nice long sweater

- thermals

-jeans

and uggs

Looking good is definitely NOT worth getting sick over.

And honestly, I don't know what goes through girls heads.

• yeah this girl in my class wear mini skirts to school on such a cold day and then complains she's freezing

• Heck no. I can dress sexy but Ima be warm doing so and I will put on my parka. I'm too little and it's too cold.

• It's totally not worth it. I'm not that type of gal to wear skirts in this weather and even if it's summer time (ha!) but my friend wears dresses with leggings and she's single, geeky and wears them because she feels more comfortable wearing skirts than pants. (I think she's insane, but friendship works in strange ways)

• I think those girls are insane; I'd rather be warm than look cute. Plus, I personally think that winter clothing can be quite adorable. I've heard guys think girls look cute in scarves and sweaters!

• I think so. Like, you know when it's pouring and many teenagers and girls just refuse to pull their hood over their heads or put on a raincoat because it doesn't look good? :P

• I can think of no other reasonable explanation for their insanity of not bundling in these frigid temperatures o.O

• I only see this at nighttime when girls are going out. They're doing it to look good.

• Why are you going anonymous to this question?

Just to be adored____STUPID girls... link

• sometimes but I have my limits

• Those girls are crazy. Its definitely not worth it.

• I used to go outside in bare feet, shorts and a t shirt in 10 feet of snow.

• Some do

• Some girls do. Personally I don't think it's worth it to get sick because of that though :P

• there are some girls who do that, but for me I would rather keep myself warm

What Guys Said 2

• Go to any college campus... beautiful girls shivering to death in winter wearing very thin clothes.. yes they're doing it to look hot, no logical reason

• How many of them have boyfriends or are walking around with men. If the men know better, they know to offer her his coat etc..