Guys what are your opinions on high waisted pants?

So my boyfriend and I were watching Saturday Night Fever the other night. He made a comment about disliking high waisted pants on women because it makes the butt look like it's a foot long. I commented that it brings the eye to how small a woman's waist is, and only a crazy person would think a butt would be a foot long. Guys what do you think about these pants? Do you like them? Dislike them? Does it make a woman's booty look gigantic?

Most Helpful Guy

• It has a sort of 19th century look to it. They used corsets back then to make the waist look small. So much effort on the waist does tend to distort the rest of the body, as your boyfriend says.

To me, they are like hoop skirts...too artificial a way to enhance the figure.

What Guys Said 10

• It's oldschool, which is not necessarily bad, but I also find it a bit too hipster-like and not very attractive. It does elongates the butt and accentuates the whole waist, while shortening the torso. It just messes up the proportions of the female body.

• Booooooo! Hissssssss! Not a fan. Looks very 1970s. Pants should accentuate a girl's butt, and including the lower back in the equation is no dice. I'm probably stuck in the mid-2000s here, but I prefer the low-rise look better.

• On a few girls it looks good but very few otherwise it just looks like you are walking around with a massive wedgie and that looks awful.

• i think on the right girl theyre super attractive but if you aren't the right girl for them YIKES!

ive never noticed the large booty part I don't know maybe if a girl already has a large booty they will accentuate it...

• There okay.

• i think they are one of the uglier things somebody could wear

• I fall for chics with high waisted pants, I just find that style real attractive.

• But what if she doesn't have a small waist?

• Pretty much any piece of clothing that came from Saturday Night Fever is better off burned. What a horrible time for clothes that era was.

• Yuck! Looks old fashioned

What Girls Said 5

• I do not like high waisted pants. I think they are uncomfortable and not flattering at all to the female shape. Just my opinion

• I think it's one of those fashion trends that only girls appreciate.. my boyfriend doesn't really get it. I like it though, sometimes.

• I love them and have many. I have a pair kinda like this link but light blue denim. One time I wore them, my roommate (male) stopped me, told me to turn around and said "every woman should have a pair of those jeans". Lol. Whenever I wore them he'd shake his head and just say, "them jeans..."

So while a lot of guys might say they don't like them, the right pair will just look good. I think they definitely suit a certain body type though.

• I don't like them either, I like the low rise pants because they are much more comfortable than the high waist pants!

• sexy