Why men always use belt?

why they don't just buy and wear pants on the right waist size?

Most Helpful Guy

• We need belts. The only way I would not wear a belt is if my pants got tailored. I've got muscular thighs and butt and that alone often forces me to buy one size too big, which needs a belt. When I move around or bend over the gaps feel awkward. Also how many people are really their size. Many people are in between etc. Clothes are generally made for a a specific sized person with everyone else having to mix it up to find something

What Guys Said 22

• We don't have hips. So women's pants can be made to narrow somewhat between the waist and the hips and depending on your ratio may sit higher or lower. Men's pants would have to be within half an inch of perfect at the waist or they won't stay up.

• We are afraid girls wil pull down our pants for a joke!

• I never wear one.

Reading the answers I never had trouble with pants falling or being a different size after lunch.

• Why do women wear lipstick?

• Well for me it's pretty hard to find pants that aren't super tight around my ass while fitting my waist.

• Because belts make the overall appearance better. It's for the style / look.

• Even though I do get jeans/cargo's in my size, I still have to wear a belt because my pants fall off.

• Some do it for looks others' do it to hold their pants up. I personally don't wear belts I always wear jeans that fit won't fall down without a belt.

• men pants aren't design like women's are. is tough for us to know "exactly" what are waist measurements are. to us is either to tight or loose enough to sag. so why bother going through all that frustration?

• most men buy jeans that are too big, and in this case they do need a belt. If your pants are the correct size, then you should never need a belt. But belts are still a staple in men's style and can tie in and complement a great outfit, especially when your wearing nice leather shoes with a tucked in shirt.

• Not wearing a belt just doesn't feel right to me. I do wear the right size pants, any smaller and it would be uncomfortable.

• Sometimes pants aren't a perfect fit. Simple. Besides, many guys need the extra space for the equipment. Nothing is worse than pants that are too baggy or too tight.

• I don't use belt...i just find them unsmexy on meh

• Waist sizes change from time to time

• I have fitting jeans that I wear and also always wear a belt. Maybe its a guy thing.

• Tight pants are for women, imo

• Remember as a teenager being taken to get suit at local men's clothing store. Haberdashery shop owner in course of getting out various matching ties to choose from, explained, "You'll also need a belt to wear." Fast forward and after several years of working in dress-up job with coat and tie as everyday attire, have through same clothing shopping episode umpteen times.

Thus, belts I have all go around suit trousers and dress pants, serve as decoration along with necktie, and so aren't really for casual clothes. In contrast, then when wearing jeans I don't wear a belt. Growing up never wore any belt with blue jeans, so have continued leaving them beltless.

• I do it for looks. It looks masculine.

Practically the same reason women wear lipsticks

• well for me even the correct waist size pants still fall down over time I don't know what it is but I also wear belts for fashion...

• I never wore a belt. I usually wear jeans & if they don't fit right, I don't wear them or buy them. Never had a problem with my pants falling off my ass.

Plus I'm not a wanna-be gangsta.

link

• Comfort.

• Our belly sizes change throughout the day. The difference between our waste size when we wake up in the morning, and after a heavy meal, is like night and day.

What Girls Said 5

• It might be a requirement fr a job, they might like wearing belts, or maybe its for fashion for them.

• its like an accessory

• I use a belt too.

• cool

• i can't stand not wearing a belt with my jeans

And I think mature men wear belts... I'm not gonna date a little boy that has his hoops loose.