He said I looked a lot better WITHOUT make-up. Is this a compliment?

I don't really know how to take it. I didn't have any make up on one day. Not that I put on a whole lot anyway just sometimes and even then I try to keep it as natural as possible. So he said "You look a lot better without make-up" . Is it a compliment or is he telling me to learn to put on make up better. He smiled when he said it so I'm guessing its meant as a compliment but can somebody please shine some light on this matter?

Thank you for your help everyone. I feel so much better!

Most Helpful Girl

• This is a great thing! You don't need make up to look good.

What Guys Said 4

• Don't worry - he's giving you a compliment telling you that you are naturally beautiful. It's a great compliment :)

• Its a compliment and also a lot of make-up is very unsexy. You look like a clown if you put a ton of makeup. Just a bit of mascara and that stuff that makes your skin flawless. No eyeshadow it makes you look slutty.Also if he said that to you it means your naturally beautiful so that's a compliment which also means you don't need too much makeup on.

• It was definitely meant as a compliment, so be thrilled!

• I think he was sincere, he was simply stating that you're a natural beauty to have said something like that, and that he thinks you don't need make-up for anything.

What Girls Said 2

• it was a comliment for sure! It's a g0o0o0d most diffantly!

• He's pretty much saying you're naturally beautiful, so ya he is complimenting you. :)