He avoids eye contact, but steal glances?

So my crush knows I like him. He avoids eye contact, but my friends always tell me he steals glances and is checking me out/looking at me from afar. Is this a good sign even if he doesn't ever make eye contact with me?

What Guys Said 1

• It means he likes you and is probably shy to look at you. It's normal behavior. Next time he looks in your direction, smile and wave to him. see what he does.

What Girls Said 1

• Yea, I have the same problem. He never speaks to me, I've tried to smile at him, he smiled back, I tried to look him in eyes for very long, he hold my gaze and didn't break it, but when it comes to speaking then there's dead end, he just looks at the floor, doesn't look me in eyes, says nothing, just kinda smiles shyly. Once I tried to flirt with him (I think it came out lame), but he just smiled and that day I saw him so often passing me by, even for the first time truly cached him staring at me, then he quickly turned away. Before I just caught him turning away, so I never could really tell if he was truly looking at me.