If people here say that petite girls are attractive, than how come magazines only put tall women?

It makes me wonder if society thinks different from the media or influences media at all. How come I never see any petite girls in magazines? what's wrong with them? I'm starting to see a few women who aren't super skinny, and that makes me happy since they represent average people, but how come when it comes to height, media only focuses on tall women? Is it because tall women are ideally more attractive or something else?

0|0
2|5

Most Helpful Guy

• To brainwash you and make you feel insecure so you go out buying tons of makeup and clothes to make yourself look better.

1|0
    0|0
    • Dito. That's like the science behind that whole industry. Mind control.

• Remember money makes the world go around.

What Guys Said 4

• In person, in the west, more men like petite women (that's not true everywhere, and not true of all men, and a fair number are pretty indifferent though assume that if they're not taller than her they have no chance). Tall women are used for modelling because they don't look tall in the photo. They look slim and with proportionately longer legs. It's not obvious that they're tall.

0|0
    0|0
  • because their job is to sell products for women who want to be pretty. the average women is five four and if you make them feel ugly you make more money. next question

0|0
    0|0
  • Tall women photographs better. That's the only reason.

0|1
    0|0
  • My guess is because women like tallness and those magazines are for women.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Tall women look better in clothing and photographs.

And in other parts of the world tall women are more desirable. Particularly in poor countries where it symbolizes wealth (cause it means you have $ to eat/be fed)

But attractive is attractive whether tall or short.

1|0
    0|0
  • in society small women are favoured because it instills a feeling of protectiveness in men

in the media tall women are favoured because they generally have longer legs (long torsoed women aren't going to make it as models) which shows off clothing better and makes you wish you looked like them. it sells more beauty stuff as previously mentioned by others and makes you spend more on expensive clothing that tries to shape you to look more like models (bodycon dresses for example) instead of buying regular cheaper clothes that fit you better than they would a tall model

0|0
    0|0