Am I considered short, or Really short?

Alot of girls who say that theyre short or petite are 5'1. I'm 4'9. Is that just short, or Really short?

By the way, I'm not a dwarf... I don't have the medical condition and all my height and proportions are correct

Most Helpful Guy

• Probably really short... but although you would be about one ft short of me... I would like or dislike you only for your character and the love I would get from you. No way your length would count!

What Guys Said 6

• I think of 5'2" to 5'4" as short. Sub 5' is definitely really short. That's not a bad thing, it just is. My daughter is 11 and hasn't hit puberty and she's 5'2"

• Very short

• Really short + cute.

• Really short.

• 5'2. Shortazz mudda effort xD

• That's really short. Or as one of my buddies calls it. Fun size.

What Girls Said 15

• Anyone below 4'10 is considered a dwarf

• but I don't have a medical reason :( and my weight and proportions are normal

• If 4-10 is a dwarf then there are countries where half the population are dwarfs. There are several countries where 4-10 to 5-0 is the average height for women. (several Central/South American and Asian countries)

• link

link

link

I honestly have nothing else to say on this

• hm I don't know I say I am short (5.4) but most of the time I just kid around. This is because I am the shortest of my family, my boyfriend is 5.8 and my best friend is 6.2 so I am around all tall people. Also when I was looking at getting my wisdom teeth pulled the dr said I have an unusually small mouth. Proportioned to the rest of my body but small. So I think I am small but I am just built that way. I am more of the short muscular kind of girl. So I think it really depends on your body type. I guess I feel more short because I live with very tall people. But again it really depends on surroundings and body shape. I don't know what you look like so I can not really tell if you are short. I think the average hight for women in America is 5.8 but I could be wrong.

• I've kinda always been skinny. Not anoraxic skinny, but skinny cos of my metabolism. I guess from my perspective, my bodytype is really slim and small

• Cuz women in America has milk to drink xD

• oops just realized the average height for a women in the US is 5.4 so I am average.

• I know you said you're not a dwarf but 4'9 is technically legal dwarfism, though not all people of that height are dwarves, you can reap the benefits if you so choose.

Anyway, I'd say it's really short. But short is cute and you can date pretty much any guy you want without worrying about him having a height complex when you wear heels. :D

I'm 5'4 and most people consider me to be short. It's the national average for women in the US, but Californians are tall.

• You are very short, short enough to be considered a midget. You're right that you're not a dwarf because your body parts are proportionate, but you're still a midget because you're under 4'10".

• Although it looks like the term "midget" is now considered offensive so now they call people like you a proportionate dwarf. "Proportionate dwarfism -- short-stature conditions that result in the arms, legs, trunk, and head being in the same proportion (relative size to one another) as in an average-size person -- is often the result of a hormonal deficiency"

• My shortness isn't caused by harmonal defiency. It's genetics from my mom's side of the family.

• God, a person reading the answers to this question could start actually care about their size...THANK GOD I'm pass the dwarf size..barely... XD XD

• what do you mean by start actually care?

• I know how you feel. I hate being called a dwarf because that's someone with a medical condition which is why they look that way, and mine is purely genetics. I've never been made fun of, but the amount of questions online about petite girls started to make me think about my own height.

• In my country is very common to see girls/women who are 4,10-5,2 as much as it's common to see 6 feet tall girls/women, hence I've never encountered such words and callings in my entire life. But hey, if you were fat they wouldn't have been so forward and would've advised you to like yourself the way you are and yatayatayata...skinny and short is different story to society though...

• Well I am 5'1 and people think I was short until we seen girls smaller than I was and older. I think it's really short but don't worry, never think bad about it, don't let it get to you. You, well we are fun sized I guess lol :)

• that is very short. You may not be a dwarf, but you are a legal midget.

• You are fun sized! And tall guys love the shorties... :D

• How do you know?

• Because most of the talk guys I know, whom are 6'2 and over, like or have girlfriends that are my height, 5'2, and down @wasspoppin

• Oh and if you're one of those tall people, @wasspoppin, cudos to you!

• are you done growing? If so you are really short.

• Well I'm 18 now and I don't really know what age girls stop growing. But It's hard for me to grow since I got my mom's genetics who is also short

• My anatomy teacher said that girls stop gr?wing after they get out of HS so yeah...i guess its at the age of 18

• We are really short, I'm also 4'9

• You're the same size as my mom, I'd say pretty short, although I'm only 5'1 myself haha.

• legal midget

• Really short lol. My mom tells me I'm short and I'm 5'4.

• Really short. And I'm 4' 10" :) I hated it when I was younger. but I get compliments all the time from guys now, so I don't really mind it anymore. I only mind it when I'm shopping, since I can't always wear things that are on trend. since they're tailored more for long lean legs.

• i am 5ft. I consider myself short.