Do girls actually know how beautiful or attractive they are?

So one day a girl I know said she wasn't feeling very pretty and gave me a baited question. "Who is the prettiest girl you know?" I ended up laying and said she was.

Also there's a gorgeous red head that works around me and she's super shy and quiet whenever I talk to her, she gets very nervous and I mean she is a knock out. Songs like treasure by Bruno Mars or One Directions that's what makes you beautiful. Makes it sound like some woman don't know that they are actually beautiful. I still fail to see how gorgeous woman find it hard to be self aware of their beauty.

Most Helpful Girl

• While it may have something to do with esteem or confidence, sometimes a girl just hasn't had that kind of attention to make her think she's a stunner.

For example, the guy I'm seeing tells me I'm beautiful. He means it and I think it's sweet. I'm awkward with taking the compliment but one time he joked "you know you are" kind of thing. I found that really interesting, because I don't think I'm beautiful. I think I'm above average and not completely unfortunate, but "beautiful" isn't a word I'd use. It's all about perspective really.

What Girls Said 5

• Beautiful is a matter of opinion and nobody knows their flaws better than themselves. Sure a girl can think she's pretty some days and other days not but she can't be sure because what's attractive to one person is ugly to another. Then all you need is for a few people to come along and knock her confidence or criticize her too much and she becomes less sure of her looks. If that comes from romantic partners it does the most damage. If it came from a parent then she never had the opportunity to develop her own opinion on her appearance.

Of course you also get the other extreme with the average or not so attractive girl who thinks she's the best thing since sliced bread.

• Honestly, I know I am above average looks-wise, but the way I perceive myself varies day to day. Sometimes I wake up and I feel like I look awful and other times I feel like I look pretty great. Most girls probably "average" their appearance from their daily observations. That's what I do.

• would a compliment from a guy, even if its a stranger change your perception of how you feel that day in the moment or later on?

• I would appreciate it and it would make me feel like other people think I look good but it wouldn't change how I feel I look.

• I think it depends on the girl. There are some girls with low self esteem, but a lot of the gorgeous girls I know know they're pretty. They may not dwell on it and still remain humble, but they know they're not ugly

• I believe so. A lot of girls just can't believe that anyone finds them hot.

• when we're having a bad day, we compare our looks to our best days and if we're not looking as good as we usually do, then we think that we don't look pretty that day. We don't think we're pretty that we're breathtaking though, even though recently some guy told me that guys think girls are breathtaking by every means, we can't seem to see it from your side. for instance, I consider babies beauty is breathtaking so if that's how guys see us, it's awesome !

What Guys Said 4

• A lot of them really aren't aware, or if they do they're often modest about it... What I find is that girls who aren't as pretty or who are a bit larger are the ones that everyone compliments since they instantly think 'oh this girl might need a little confidence boost' or whatever. I've known many beautiful girls who have no idea how attractive they are since no one ever tells them, many of them have also had terrible relationships with guys who do nothing but put them down. There will be the odd attractive girl who will know it and she'll use it to her advantage. I rather enjoy that at times since I don't have much interest in many of the girls who think they're gods gift.

• The question is, do they know how erudite, witty and desirable I AM?

• You're so funny man. Were you super popular when you were young? among women and your friends. :)

• I've somehow managed to maintain a passable social life, though certainly no records were broken. I've more or less done a lot with a little! ; - ) Thanks fer sayin!

• Most women don't. They carry way too much self doubt with them all the time.

• they know