Which is more in style: Long staight hair, or shoulder length hair?

I'm trying to decide whether to cut off 10 inches of my hair for a new look, or to keep it long and continue growing it? It's just above my belly button currently. No amount of hair spray or products will hold a curl or even a wave so I'm stuck with a super straight hair look. Does super straight long hair look better? Or does super straight short hair look better? Which is more in style? Which will make me look my age? (I'm afraid short hair may make me look 12 again -_-) Thanks!

• Long and straight ...
  • Short and straight....

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, the problem is that you hair is probably way to heavy due to its length. I think you should cut it shorter than it is now, but longer then shoulder length. That way you can still have your medium length long hair, and still be able to curl it with extra strength hair spray.

What Guys Said 8

• I always find long hair to be much more attractive than short. It looks better, get more options for styling, and I love when girls flip their hair from one side to the other.

• Truthfully, I like a woman who has hair past her ass, I love a woman who has straight hair.

• I prefer long hair on girls.

• Curls and wavy hair is awesome, you should cut it.

• The new thing to do, is to cut it real short, into what's called a pixie cut. I can't stand it. I believe a girl should have no shorter hair than shoulder length, and even that's pushing it. I prefer mid back length.

• I think length is great between middle of upper arm and mid cheek.

• I don't know but it doesn't matter as long as she's beautiful

• Pictures are the best way to see this, lmao.

Here. let's compare Emma Watson with long hair vs short hair.

Long

link

Short.

link

Or Jennifer Lawrence.

Long hair

link

Short hair.

link

Really, it depends. Do you want to look like a sexy woman, or a feminine boy? XD Both of these links are to women who have done a LOT of modeling work, and are recognized as gorgeous. One has her hair long, one short.

link

link

What Girls Said 12

• Long straight hair is really beautiful in my opinion. Short hair does not suit everyone but it depends on how short you are talking about. In general long hair just looks nicer. I have seen a few girls pull off short hair, it is possible, but more often not. It's just my opinion though. Everyone will have a different opinion :)

• Longer hair always looked more feminine to me. You can do a whole lot of cute buns and updos which will change up the style and not look so boring and you can also experiment with different hair cuts and layers.

• prob long straight hair.

• I've seen both styles of hair but I'd say the long straight hair style, personally I LOVE having my hair long and straight. It's a lot of work to maintain it healthy & beautiful but I don't like my hair at shoulder length I look SO young like a young teen. Both are pretty looks though but it does depend on your height & face shape.

• Long & straight is always good unless it's unhealthy

If you're looking for a change, cut gradually. Don't just go for a full on cut. Cut your hair week by week until you think you've gotten to the point where it's a bit different.

• men will tell you keep it long, because most men prefer long hair. Both lengths are "in style" but it depends on your face shape and what would flatter it. If your hair is thin or doesn't have much volume, very long hair will make it look scraggly and I would suggest going shorter.

• My hair is healthy, thick and I have almost no split ends.

• then you don't *need* to cut it off, but it's a good option if you're looking for a change. Shoulder length isn't too short and there's lots of cute hairstyle options. Long hair is classic, but also boring.

• Alright thanks! :)

• long and straight my sister and mums hair are like that - shiny, black, and long sucks I don't have them

• I would say its a tie, because I've seen girls in my school that have long and short straight hair, so just do it the way you want to do it :)

• long and straight and curled out big and fluffy at the ends like jessica rabbit. that's what the hottest trend is in japan right now.

• I prefer long hair (it looks great on most women) but some girls can REALLY rock the short hair.

• Its funny how as soon as a woman says short hair guys imagine a drastic pixie cut. You clearly said shoulder length so I don't know why guys are talking about pixie cuts, maybe guys aren't that informed idk.

I say cut it. It's just hair and it'll grow back regardless, also if you follow any fashion trends you'll see that bobs and long bobs are really in right now.

Cutting your hair is always good when you want a fresh start or want something new but not permanent.

I've always been big fan of the alexa chung hair style and look, so I'd say go for that. And donate to locks of love while you're at it, do some good :)

• either one is in style