How do I fix my crazy curly hair?

When I have a haircut, for a day it gets soft and normal curls, but then it goes back to its crazy way. It's like I can't control my hair at all. It's naturally curly, but since I live in Canada and it's extremely windy, my hair easily turns puffy. You could see the pics in my profile. And when I tie my curly hair, it gets somewhat straight, somewhat puffy, and somewhat crazy. It seems to have a mind of its own.

Most Helpful Girl

• I fought with my hair for years. eventually I just figured out how to get very bobby pin smart, enhance, slightly tame and work with what I've got.

figure out how to twist and pin select bits or all of it for times you need to get it out of your face, to make it look neater, or to keep it together and a little controlled in crazy weather. This can be tight, loose, high, low, partial, whatever.

pins don't damage your hair like elastics, they are way more comfortable and when my hair gets a bit wild, the curliness helps it stay put.

Also, if your hair responds to the elements, twisting and pinning means you don't end up with an ugly crease where the elastic was, but just some extra curls. with time and experiments, I have figured out how to pin so that I can either create more volume/curls (more pins, tighter twists, less hair per twist) or keep things a little smoother (gather all hair and twist into a low or high, messy or tight bun) so that it is just wavy. note how long the pins stay in will make a difference too.

sometimes a lose braid or partial braid incorporated can be nice too. the results will be different if you make it tight or loose, if you do it when wet or dry and based on the weather.

Buy bobby pins in different sizes for your different experiments. just play with it at home when you are staying in to study or lounge and you will quickly figure out what works to enhance your natural look and personality. Get good enough that you can figure out your pinning without a mirror or in a snap in a public washroom.

There is something very natural and beautiful about responding to a change in climate or activity by grabbing a few strands or the whole mass and pinning it up appropriately, but without looking stressed about whether or not it looks perfect. Snap open a makeup mirror if you are really unsure, or ask a friend, but once you figure this out a bit more you won't really need help. Also great, is pulling out one to three pins and having that messy but just perfectly messy, massive volume of I just rolled out of bed looking amazing hair. Super sexy bedhead. Key - whatever you are pinning, or unpinning, keep it simple and fast. Don't make a fuss don't stop talking or whatever is going on, and don't stress about where every strand it. Wild hair looks best when it still has some attitude.

You don't have to look like everyone else. actually, probably better that you don't. Your hair is awesome and you seem really pretty and cute in a quirky, unique way. Just have fun.

What Guys Said 3

• wet it down. I'm a guy and although my curly hair is very short compared to yours it should help. I have this problem in the morning when I wake up. It's all messed up and all over the place. When I wet it down it provides moisture for it to curl up. Of course it's very humid anyways where I live so really all I have to do is go outside for 10-15 minutes and it looks ok.

• Embrace your curly hair I do I keep it short enough to not be crazy wild but long enough so that my curls show and look good.

• Go bald

What Girls Said 5

• It looks pretty, but I can see how it would get out of hand! If it was my hair, id get another haircut so its easier to manage (in fact, I did when my hair was long, lost like 6 to 7 inches), blow dry it with gel, and train all the bangs to go on one side so I could pin them there if necessary. I find garnier's sleek and shine intensely smooth leave in conditioning cream helps tame and gives it a little shine. Plus I think that girl with the pins is onto something. Now I feel a little less crazy about pinning my bangs so they look perfect :p

• Well you can shop around or look on YouTube for some products you might want to try on your hair. Like a shampoo&conditioner or moisturizer with a moisturizing oil or bio silks. Like an avocado shampoo or herbal essence Drama Clean has nice bio silks in it. Putting a natural oil that works for your hair in your hair and flat iron it wrap it up for a night or two to let your hair settle, then your hair can stay straighter for longer.

• A great moisturizer, argan oil, and gel if you need it.

• your hair is awesome! have you tried gel or wax?

• lol no. I usually end up ussing mousse cos when I dont, it turns crazy faster

• if mousse is working carry on using mousse. there're plenty of hair tutorials on YouTube so check those out too.

• Holy shit..you need to relax your fucking hair. You have a very nice face, but your hair does not go with it. Def get your hair relaxed and you will look great.