Settle this arguement

i bought a bunch of new clothes for summer, and my boyfriend justin says I'm so gross for not washing them before I wear them (?) I never wash the clothes before I wear them, I wash them after I wear them. I'm I weird, or is he?

its decided, he's a freak.

Most Helpful Girl

• i don't wash before I wear...it looses the shape immediately!

What Guys Said 7

• I never wash womens clothes before I wear them:)

• I definitely don't, like sumbody else said I feel like it ruins the clothes

• I have never heard that before. but it makes sense people trying them on and what not. Like when you buy glasses or plates or whatever you wash them before using them. Well at least we do idk

• He is weird. New clothes are new and clean.

• It's not a big deal, but I always wash them before I wear anything. Mainly because I feel like it softens them up and breaks them in a little bit. Just because they're new doesn't mean anything. 15 people could have tried them on. You never know. ;)

• FALSE, not a freak. New clothes feel really weird to wear without washing them first, lol.

• They're new, why wash them?

What Girls Said 9

• I'm kinda paranoid about germs, so I usually wash new clothes before I wear them. Plus, new clothes seem stiff to me, and they smell like the store you bought them from, which bothers me...

I know, I'm weird :P

• I ALWAYS wash things before I wear them.

I mean you don't know who has tried them on before you or how many times they've fallen on the floor or what the state of the store room is...

But I've never met anyone else who washes stuff first, so I don't think you're weird... Well I do, but just the same weird as everyone else...

I don't think that made any sense =/ lol x

• I usually don't. But I know my mom does.

She does because other people have worn them and that's just gross

Remember, her opinion, not mine.

• I don't wash anything first. Yeah, other people probably tried them on but I have never seen anyone nasty where I shop. It's not like they throw up on them or wipe their butt with them ha ha. It's not gross. It's just personal preference I guess. I never would though, half the fun of wearing new clothes is the new feeling and washing them takes the newness away.

• I don't usually wash them before I wear them, so I would think you're right but who knows.

• Thank you! he keeps telling me how gross I am lol

• I don't wash them. Why would you? It's not like that particular piece of clothing has been tried on by hundreds of dirty, nasty, bad smelling aliens. Just humans. And I don't think they had any of those traits, because they wouldn't be entering the store in first place. Haha. I just wash underwear and sometimes bikinis. Because, well, that's another story.

• i don't wash clothes before I wear them, unless I get something from a thrift store or somewhere like that

• I never wash it until after I've worn it. I used to but that was because of OCD. Maybe he has that because there is no sensible reason to wash them before you wear them.

• Haha I doubt he's ocd just because he likes to wash his clothes before he wears them. he usually gets itchy from the dyes so it makes sense but he acts like this is a normal thing to do and I'm so gross for not doing it.

• most of the time I'd wash my clothes before I wear them just to kind of "break them in"