How should a 25 year old guy dress?

I'm turning 25 soon and may have to have a wardrobe makeover. What would be a respectable outfit for a 25 year old guy? I mean casually. Which kind of clothing should a 25 year old guy NOT wear and what should he wear?

Most Helpful Girl

• If you physically look 25 (or in your 20's) and act like it, it will show in whatever outfit you are wearing. Clothes say more about who you are than how old you are.

I don't know what your wardrobe consisted of before but most 25 year old guys I know stick to the t-shirt and fitted jeans with belt combo.

When they spice it up, it will usually be with a plaid shirt, a jean jacket or a leather jacket.

Sweaters and jeans are also a great casual combination.

A pea coat, I think, is very mature and great wardrobe piece for guys.

Accessory wise: beanies and belts =)

What Girls Said 5

• Whatever you feel comfortable in is what you should wear.

I dress according to what makes me happy, not to

how I think people should look that how my age.

When you're 40-50 then you should be asking this question.

I think in your 20s you still can pretty much get away with wearing just about any thing.

Have fun before its all over! :)

• I prefer clothes with horizontal lines on them especially if the lines are blue or white.

• You should dress comfortably, there is no "certain way" you have to dress.

• preppy like a crisp button down shirt and slacks, a classical sweater

• Well since we do not know what the starting point is it's kind of hard to tell you.

Just clean, smell good, wash your clothes regularly, use good smelling dryer sheets.

Not a bunch of aftershave.

All people have a different style.

Somewhat depends on what your dresscode for work is also.

What Guys Said 4

• Avoid: Baggy jeans, hat backward, the whole gang wannabe attire.

Try brighter colors, things that make you stand out in a crowd, instead of trying to look exactly like every other guy..

• what ever most attractive 25-year-old men where I guess.

• Dress however you want. Following rules makes you a loser.

• It really depends on just how casual you want to keep things. Mostly T-shirts and jeans are fine. If you want to bring it up a notch throw a dress shirt over your T-shirt. It doesn't even need to be buttoned if you are keeping it casual. However if you do button the shirt, make sure to tuck it in. To raise your style a little higher put on slacks. Personally I think slacks are more comfortable than jeans anyway, so they are great for lounging around in. Men don't get many accessories so I would suggest wearing a belt.