Does your sense of fashion have to be top notch for women to be attracted to you?

Do you have to know how to dress well in order for a woman to like you? or want to date you?

What if I just wore a nerdy t-shirt with like a star wars or marvel super heroes logo on it and jeans. think that would drive girls away?

Most Helpful Girl

• haha no not really, it just needs to be presentable I think. what does mens fashion involve to begin with anyway? tops, pants, shorts and shoes? haha…. be happy that your not a woman:P

a lot of us loveee the basic, carefree look, that somehow shows you put thought into it. strange but it is possible:P as long as you ain't coming up to me in leather pants and shirts that are about to rip because your tensing the whole time then I'm kool.

the douche look, the 'just couldn't b f***ed' look and the 'i need someone to take me shopping' look, are probs the only ones I would get turned off by.

What Girls Said 13

• Gosh no. I have no fashion sense so I couldn't tell you if you did or not. Frankly I think all "fashionable" clothes look stupid.

In any case, my boyfriend wears ratty t-shirts and jeans on a pretty regular basis and I love him to death.

And yes, he wears Star Wars t-shirts. He has a Darth Vader one. It's his favorite. I still take him out in public :p

• No it doesn't. I can care less about fashion on a guy but I think its cool when they dress up really nice :) kinda like this link

But they don't have to.

• If I like a guy for superficial reasons I will consider what he wears but if I am interested in his personality - sometimes I can barely remember what he wore the last time I saw him. It depends how superficial or deep my interest in him is.

• Of course not

• No some dudes can be straight bumming it and still get dates. Nope you can always get nerd girls and girls comic con and cos play.

• No but a crime against fashion won't help your case. The less they have to ignore the better.

• I like it when the guy has his own personal style... although, if I really like him and his clothes are always clean and pressed I'm perfectly fine with whatever he wears.

• I doubt it would drive girls away. I am only speaking for myself, that you can as a guy, still look hot and or cute I you aren't wearing top notch clothing. Just as long as it is presentable. You may or may not care, but when a guy dresses respectably, I have a higher respect and admiration for him. Good luck! Ps I love the nerd shirts.

• as long as you look clean and cute then we'll be attracted to you, just my opinion. you can look at magazines and even at the mannequins at the store as references on your clothing style. but always pick what you're comfortable in...

• doubt it. there are guys in come stained sweat pants walking around with girlfriends.

• no I like the clumsy look

• No, but it can make a guy look more attractive if he wears clothes that fit well.

As far as the nerdy t-shirts -- they can be good to an extent, but having a few solid color, slimmer fitting tees looks more put together.

• No women care less about looks. We're all aware that men never bathe.

What Guys Said 7

• No.

First of all, most women would find top-notch -fashion- in a man to be fashion victimy. Only the most fashion focused women would like it (and they'd like it a lot). Most would find it odd.

Second, top-notch style in men is shockingly rare. Most men waddle around dressed like complete garbage. Half of women seem to half like it, half hate it, but it takes very little to be above average.

Wear clothes that look decent and fit well.

Remember that the idea is not actually for your clothes to look good, its for you to look good.

• This might help shed some light for you.

link

• No but what you wear does attract and deflect certain types of people. I am careful with what I wear in what situation. I rarely want to over dress for the occasion unless I am feelin fine and ready to hit the best places.

• I don't think it has to be top notch, however you do have to have some kind of style about yourself.

• When I'm just out chillin I'm usually rockin apair of levis, rainbows, and just a tee shirt. There's no need to be sharply dressed all the time.

• Nope, you can wear anything, it's the way you carry yourself,

Women tend to like confidence more than an expensive suit,

• No, but it helps. Prince Charming is never dressed as a hobo when he goes to the ball.

• No. It might help in some cases, but it's definitely not necessary.