Does eyeliner and mascara look good alone?

I have acne skin, lately I've been having a small break out on my forhead. I have minor scars. I was wondering if it looks bad to just wear eyeliner and mascara instead of foundation because its bad for me

SO I did I was so told. Today at school received a bunch of compliments (: I was told that my eyes looked really pretty and that I looked like Cleopatra, I don't know if that's a compliment?

Most Helpful Girl

• Since your under 18 I'm assuming your going through puberty and have absolutely no control of the acne. How you look only matters from your perception. if mascara and eyeliner is all you want to wear go for it. But if you feel uncomfortable with your acne and scars and want to wear foundations. Looks for one that are mineral and oil free and if you talk to a cosmetician they'll be able to help you just make sure it's not heavy. Heavy ones hide more but they look stupid and clog your pores. Also get a great facial cleanser system. For your skin type. Make sure you remove your make up every night and use your treatment

• Thanks, yeah I feel better with just eyeliner and mascara and a bit of powder. Like its not like I would wear it everyday, just once in a while. I am not the makeup-crazed kind of girl, and people say that I look naturally pretty- that's what they say even though at times I feel otherwise

• Been a tom boy my entire life. When I put on make up the first time all my guy friends were weirded out made it easier so now it's just for special occasions and really low self esteem days

• I feel you.

What Guys Said 2

• I say yes it's fine to wear mascara and eyeliner without foundation. 8-)

• Eyeliner almost always makes a girl hotter.

What Girls Said 8

• lol of course it can look good alone:) makeup products don't have to be worn all at once. I rarely put the 3 together tbh unless I'm going somewhere ultra fancy.

ur still young anyway, let your skin develop. let it taste the freshness of water and air and beautiful creams. if you wanna buy makeup I suggest getting mineral makeup. its much better. as for eyeliner and mascara, if you wanna use them, keep your usage to a minimum. heaps of guys like natural beauty anyway and I bet you look beautiful without makeup=]

• i do that all the time. I try to avoid wearing foundation whenever possible. you could try a tinted moisturizer though. don't forget uv protection.

• yes, sometimes I just use tinted moisturizer but not eye makeup at all

• In high school that was what I mainly used. I was lucky that I didn't really get acne like my siblings but don't worry it's a stage you're going through. Mascara & eyeliner will make your eyes pop, don't worry about wanting to cover up those blemishes. If you want to use foundation then do it but I would try to treat the acne first.

• i just like eyeliner

• Go for it girl. Just make sure u remove it at night. You can also use foundation for your skin type

• No that is all you need at your age

• yes, why wouldn't it?

• I'm giving this a 5 star because I have never been very savvy about make up and how to wear it. Thank you for asking the question. I am looking forward to the responses.

Sometimes I wear lip stick only

Sometimes I also wear eye shadow only