Eyebrow threading vs waxing?

So there is a new shop that opened that offers eyebrow threading. I've never had my brows threaded, I always get them waxed. I've heard that threading is better (why?)

who here has experience with threading? how often do you need to come in and how much does it hurt?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's funny that I'm answering this not only being a guy, but having no idea otherwise about feminine beauty regimens lol.

Anyway, threading is basically just plucking except that it happens a lot quicker and with a lot more hair. Waxing can irritate your skin for obvious reasons, and it usually only gets the hair out at skin level. The hair basically just breaks and doesn't get pulled out at the follicle.

Threading grabs the hair and plucks it out just as if you had tweezers doing them each individually. And since the "working area" is just the intersection of two sections of a thread, it's precise too so you can get a much better shape than if you just waxed your eyebrows.

I learned how to thread and do my girlfriend's eyebrows (she put me up to it some time ago haha). She could do it herself, but it's just easier having somebody with a better angle do it for her. Seeing her getting an eyebrow wax vs. seeing the results of threading, threading is the better alternative from what I've seen.

So from a straight guy: stay FABULOUS! lol

What Guys Said 1

• Pure nature is always more beautiful than too much make-up.

Don't overdo it or 80% of guys won't like it.

A little make-up is beautiful, though.

What Girls Said 9

• I always get mine threaded and I get so many compliments on them. Yes, it does hurt at first. It sometimes can make you tear up too. But the end result is always worth it :)

It looks more natural and compliments most people's faces much better than waxing in my opinion. I've gotten mine waxed before too and didn't like it. I feel that waxing hurts more and it doesn't shape the eyebrows nicely like threading does. It simply gets rid of the hair and that's it. Threading shapes it nicely and really brings out the eyes, in my opinion.

Here, it costs around $4-$10. Lasts longer too I believe. I usually have to go back every 3 weeks or so.

• Threading is better for you because wax removes part of the top layer of skin, which can cause infections from irritation. But waxing is quicker, easier, costs less, and hurts less.

• I've been getting my eyebrows threaded for about 3 years now

I love getting my eyebrows threaded. People compliment me on my eyebrows, so I must be doing something right.

Where I go, threading costs $4 & I tip her $1-$3

I go in biweekly. Just a tip (and it's the same for waxing) try not to go in a week before your period because your skin is sensitive and it'll hurt more.

Threading looks more natural. I remember there was a contestant trying out for ANTM & Miss Jay asked the girl if she threads her eyebrows and the girl said yes. Tyra asked him how he knew and he said threading has a more natural look and is more precise around the edges.

I say threading. Cheaper and more convenient for me.

• I've seen how they do threading, it's pretty cool & quick. Now, I have seeing waxing too, that is just painful to look at. I'd go with threading & I see a lot more people going to people who thread rather than wax. Waxing doesn't seem fun, is more expensive, can stretch & irritate your skin. But you pick which pain you can stand lol

• I LOVE threading. The shape is perfect, it lasts longer and it's quick.

The downside it that it's a bit more expensive than waxing (here anyway) and it does hurt. It's tolerable though, and hurts less the more you do it.

• Whoa!

The highest I've seen it is maybe $15 and that's eyebrows+other face part like upper lip/sideburns

• Ive never had threading or waxing I tweeze. I heard threading came from India like it was their idea to do it. I think it would take a lot long and may even be more expensive than waxing.

• I get my eyebrows threaded every 2 weeks, it's a lot better (in my opinion) than waxing! Shapes your eyebrows perfectly, it may hurt a little at first.. But Beauty is PAIN !

• Okay I have a lot of experience with threading it is much better than waxing. It lasts longer, you only need it once a month, it hurts at first but if you have short hair it will be a breeze. It is a bit pricy but it well worth it!

• I did not find it to be better. For me it hurt way worst and did not last as long.