What features make a guy's face ugly?

Be as specific as possible

What can a man do to improve his facial features and be considered to have a good looking face?

Me personally (That's not me in my AVI), have great skin and hair, but my gums (frenulum surperioris) cover the the top portion of my front teeth when I smile.

I have facial nerve paralysis in one of the muscles the right side of my face giving me an asymmetric smile (really sad about this)

My nose, although thin and straight from the front, is pointy at the bottom, radix is slightly too low and due to my short philtrum my upper lip and nose touch when I smile (my smile is fucked up big time, and it has impacted my social life negatively)

My teeth are white (brush and floss them twice daily) and structured nicely (even due to my upper lateral incisors being genetically missing, thank braces for that) but my gum and facial nerve issue prevent my smile from looking nice.

My nose I feel is too long vertically, and as a result my facial thirds are not perfectly proportioned, I would benefit from having my middle third shortened and lower third lengthened so that I am proportionate and balanced.

The vertical expression lines in my middle forehead are asymmetric (I only noticed this when I mirrored my facial image)

My chin has a nice shape to it but my jawline, although not obscured by fat, is round and not angular (wish my gonial angle was more defined).

My eyebrows are flat, have good thickness but are slightly too high and slightly too far apart and are not very dark.

My zygomatic bones are only slightly wider than my temples and my upper skull is very broad, which makes the facial bone structure (or lack thereof) of the lower two facial thirds appear less robust.

My jaw width from the front is poor, and the mandible bone structure is not angular at all, I need to get either mandibular implants or masseter hypertrophy to correct this issue.

My eye color is a dull brown, and although my eyes are almond shaped they can sometimes appear to have a slight negative canthus tilt making them look a little droopy.

My ears are tilted backwards and stick out more than I would like (although the protrusion is not extreme by any means)

Sometimes I feel that the only things I have going for me is my intellect, promising career outlook, height, and nice body. I know that the dating game is very superficial and based on immediate sensory inputs, I just want to look slightly better than average so that I won't be rejected before I get my foot in the door.

If there is one man who's face I would consider ideal or beautiful in the context of male attractiveness I would say that the young Paul Newman fits the bill perfectly.

What Girls Said 2

• Sweetie, just remember "beauty is only skin deep," as you have heard. Any girl who loves you for just YOU unconditionally, will realize this.

BUT, if you would like my "true face" opinion, I would have to say his eyes. THAT, firstly attracts me, and how much "dark" around his face, as far as "beard" goes. I love a guy with some of this to make what I call "One sexy man."

• Ohh, okay..ugly? Hmm, I would have to say "yellow teeth.":((xx

• Your face looks overly botoxed, lips look overdone, hair looks scraggly and matted with a hairstyle that was popular in 1973, face holds too much fat and water retention, nose is too wide at the bottom, and you look light years older than 29. Fix your goddamn face for Christ's sake. Join a gym and lose fat, eat healthier (cut out sodium), sleep more, save up money for a nose reduction surgery, visit a hairstylist, get a facelift and just start taking care of yourself for god's sake.

• I'm not trying to be mean, I am simply telling you the truth and trying to help you. You could improve your looks so much you just need to get out there and do it.

• You sound like you obsessively know the answer to this, already.

I might consider brushing up on social skills to help your dating, moreso than facial features. Between your question and the answer you gave the poster below, is it safe to say that you aren't in the "norm" for social and emotional intelligence? (I don't mean that meanly)

What Guys Said 0