Guys. What is your opinion on tall girls?

I have always been a lot taller the most my age. I'm 5'11", and for a while my height was my biggest insecurity. I felt out of place, awkward and some times like a freak. I ended up playing a lot of sports especially in early high school which gave me a natural advantage and it turn really boosted my confidence and made me very athletic.

I suppose what I am asking is. Can a tall woman's height be intimidating, or unattractive? Or is it preferred? I know every one is different, but what do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• Hot Hot so Hot, tall (slim) girls are so damn sexy, they don't get approached as much because the men shorter than them feel inferior to them (avg male height is 5'9). I am 5'11 and would not hesitate to date a girl your height. All the famous models are tall and have beautifully shaped long legs.

I bet your legs look so sexy, especially since your athletic.

What Guys Said 16

• BAck in high school I always made plays for the tall girls. There was not much competition because they were considered off limits by everyone but the dorks on the basketball team, most of whom couldn't conduct a coherent conversation about anything but basketball.

Even now, there isn't so much competition. My wife is 5-11 as well, and again, only beanpole guys mostly went after her.

• Well, my daughters are going to be your height, so I hope you like it.

I might have a mild preference for short partners, but honestly, its mild, and plenty of tall women are very attractive to me. I know some guys who prefer it. Taller women tend to have better legs, period. Definitely don't try to hide your height, be proud of it. When I see a tall woman in high heels who looks great, everyone is like 'damn!'

Also you know I think you gotta realize high school is over. I imagine you went through a stretch where you were taller then all the boys. That's over. When I was in grade 9, I was like 5'4 or something. By 18 I was 6'3". You're not the out of place freak you may have felt like in the past.

I've spoken to a few older women then you (30-40ish) who are your height or taller, and every one of them has told me they wouldn't give up an inch. There are good and bad points, enjoy the good!

• I'm 6'2, so maybe I'm a bad guy to ask, but I have no issue with a tall girl. Historically I've dated shorter girls more often than not, probably 5'3 or so on average, but I messed with a few girls that were 5'10 or 5'11. Nothing wrong there, those legs didn't quit! Haha

• Very Hot. to me anyway.

Some guys might find tall women intimidating. If they do, they obviously are insecure about themselves.

:-)

• To some people a tall woman can be both intimidating and unattractive. Personally I find it quite attractive and wish more girls were taller like yourself. :) Being athletic is a bonus!

You stated that it makes you feel out of place and awkward but I'd say relish it. It's a rare commodity, and someone will love that aspect of you as well as what's inside that 5'11" frame. :) I wish you luck. :D

• So is is just my personal opinion...

As a six foot tall man, I'd prefer someone shorter than you. But a 5'11 height isn't a a deal breaker cause I'd still be taller.

• You're short to me, sweetheart ;). I wouldn't say so, my dad is 5'10 and my mom is 6'2. You don't have anything to worry about. Tall girls are generally preferred by short guys, but it depends on the guy. Tall guys like me(6'2) will think you're short.

• Only problem I'd have is that you're less likely to want to wear heels because of the fear of being "too tall" with them on". I'm not saying you need to wear stripper heels, or even heels that are bigger than 3" or whatever, but I think heels really accentuates a womans body. Wear them, even if you're tall.

However, I unfortunately, according to evolution, would not be a suitable guy for you since most girls prefer men over 6'. I'm only 5'5" and it sucks because I used to think I was 5'8". It's whatever. Guess I'll ust have to find me a "fun size" girl

• I would have no problem dating a taller girl but I would be intimidate to approach one because as a shorter guy you assume a girl that tall would not want to date you,

• If its a tall girl that's kinda scary looking, I will definetely be intimitated. Otherwise, I wouldn't really care. Height is just a physical feature.

• I'm 6'2" and I would have no issue with dating someone like you.

• Not really an opinion, just a statement. Tall guys for some reason end up dating shorter girls, so what are the shorter guys left with? NOT MUCH. If a girl that was 5'11" would date a guy my height I would be THRILLED

• i wiouldnt date a girl way taller than me. If it was like an inch or two taler I probably would

• Depends on the dude my girlfriend is 5-8 and I'm 6-3 but I would have no problem with tall girls

• I prefer shorter girls, around 5'0 to 5'4. To me a short girl looks cute and attractive, while a tall girl looks a bit awkward. I guess you can't do much about it, but try to minimise your height by wearing very flat shoes or going barefoot where you can.

Also, short guys sometimes find tall girls attractive.

• I actually girls to be on the taller side. However, I'm the same height as you, and I know how women are about the whole height thing. I know girls want a guy that's taller than them even after they wear heels, so...

What Girls Said 3

• I think that you shouldn't be insecure about your height. I am sure you have killer legs .

Height is the last thing you need to worry about,trust me on that.

Personally, I don't view it as a negative thing, on contrary I think it has plenty of advantages.

• I am 5'11 myself. I used to hate it growing up, always being the taller girl but as I got older I learned to like it and I have never had problems finding a boyfriend. Being taller has it's advantages too, most guys will almost always check out a tall girl in my experience haha so in wouldn't worry too much about your height.

• Model height be proud of it

I'm a midget lol I wish I was your height