Thoughts on thigh high socks/stockings?

I really like wearing thigh high socks and stockings a lot with my dresses and combat boots. I know it can go "slutty" looking really easily, especially with stockings, but I'm super careful with how I wear them. What do you think about them?

Reference Pictures: link

link

Most Helpful Guy

• They were in long long ago ... when I was 17-18.

I cried when they went out of fashion.

I cried tears of joy when they returned.

What Guys Said 9

• Even w/o the reference pics I think the combination is HOT :D stockings are awesome and combined with those boots they are priceless <3

• Link #1 is an example of how not to wear them! but in general, they are great, they show off without being too provocative.

• I absolutely love stockings. But I prefer knee-high socks though. That's just my opinion. Anyway, the look can still be very sexy with the right combination.

• I like them a lot, especially the stockings. link Only think is I think the skirt/dress needs to be longer to cover the stockings.

• They look sexy

• The first one looks a little more tasteful for a casual outdoors look. The second one is meant more for the bedroom when you're teasing your man

• Sexy. But then so is bare skin. Fuck. Everything is sexy.

• First outfit is cute, except for the boots.

• I feel like the boots is what mostly keeps it from looking slutty.

• Maybe. It doesn't look slutty to me.

• All socks are ugly.

What Girls Said 1

• I love it! I'm really into fashion and just can not stand narrow minded people when it comes to ckthes like this.

It is a fashion statement and NOTHING MORE!

It doesn't mean that you're easy, slutty, a bad girl, etc. It just means you have a good since of fashion. THAT'S ALL!

Uless of course you are one of things I listed... Then that's a different story... Lol

• While I don't think by any means that it means you're 'slutty or a bad girl' (I remember one girl I knew who used to wear them ended up joining a convent and becoming a nun. Seriously), it's a little dis-ingenious to pretend that what we wear carries no connotations. If you wear something sexual, it is provocative and says something, which maybe is a tease, maybe is a statement, maybe is playing a bit, but part of fashion IS using, subverting, or piggybacking off how various things are seen.