Taking prescription pain meds before getting a body piercing?

I'm going to get my dimples pierced and I have some old 50mgs Ultram/tramadol that I never used. If I take this before the piercing will it completely remove all the pain for me? I really want it done but I'm kinda a wimp about the pain!

Most Helpful Girl

• Piercings are not too painful. I have my ears and nose done and the pain of the nose piercing only lasted a second and there was no pain after it was done. I never took anything for my tattoos either. If you are really worried about the pain there is a numbing cream called Emla (spelling) and I used it for my daughters ears before I got hers pierced and she didn't feel a thing. Put it on the area that will be getting pierced about 20 min before the piercing and you shouldn't feel anything.

What Guys Said 3

• Never take pain meds, blood thinners, drugs or consume alcohol as it could affect bleeding. Afterwards should be fine but just be cautious. Like the others have said, piercings are that painful, even in dimples (ex got them done), as professional piercers know how to do it.

• A question like this so soon after Mr Hoffman passed... what is the world coming to. What clearer advice do you NEED

• Bring em and use if the pain afterward becomes too much to handle. The piercing itself shouldn't hurt much anyway.

What Girls Said 1

• don't. never take medicine for anything other than its proper use. and since you never took it you don't know if you may get side effects. pain toletence varies; my first ear piercing was painless, but the second hurt like hell. I ask people about piercings, and I get a lot of "i felt nothing" and only a few "i thoght I would die." if it hurts, take tylenol or whatever you prefer. keep it in your purse.