Not many people tell me I'm beautiful?

Well, I consider myself pretty attractive, and I'm not vain. I do have lots of days where I just look into the mirror and feel so average, though. I refuse to wear makeup because I believe in natural beauty, which I have. But people never tell me I'm gorgeous or beautiful or anything. They just call me pretty. Sometimes people say I'm really or so pretty, but that's it. And actually, more than half the people I know don't tell me I'm pretty at all. I guess to be considered gorgeous or beautiful, you have to be pretty inside and out, but that's what I'm trying to be! I try to be nice to everyone and I think I'm pretty outgoing and fun, but I guess that's not how everyone will view you. Is there something wrong with my personality?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'll say what everyone here is thinking. Your personality probably doesn't suck.

Are you looking to be worshipped? Pretty, gorgeous, beautiful, all describe one thing. Appreciate the compliment for what it is and try focusing more on bringing out your positive aspects of your personality more often.

What Guys Said 4

• No, guys don't go up to girls and say hey I think you are beautiful because that girl may think that guy could be creepy. How would you feel if a guy told you they had to meet you because he thought you were hot?

• To a lot of people the words "pretty", "beautiful" and "gorgeous" are all synonymous terms.

You're just letting your insecurity (we all have our insecure moments!) nit-pick words here, QA. :)

• I'm a guy and no one ever calls me beautiful lol

• guys are not going to bother telling every beautiful girl they're beautiful, the last time I called a girl beautiful she didn't care, so there's no point

• A down to earth girl who knows she's beautiful won't attach so much meaning to it when someone acknowledges it.

What Girls Said 3

• what does being gorgeous prove anyways? outside appearance is temporary, inner beauty grows

• It does not seem normal to worry if a bunch of people call you beautiful. You said more than half the people you know call you pretty. Wouldn't that be good enough?

• Put some make up, iron straight your hair, and wear a nice dress and see if you get an instant reaction?