Guys: Does it bother you if a girl plays with her hair?

I ran into an acquaintance (girl) at a friends party recently, and in her state of intoxication she started lecturing me on why I'm single. She wouldn't stop going on and on about how her fiancée told her that guys hate it when girls play with their hair (I do this often), and that I should cut my hair because it's "too long" (it reaches my tailbone). As terrible as this sounds, I don't really care about her opinions, but that one specific thing stood out amongst her slurring... so do guys actually hate when girls play with their hair?

Most Helpful Guy

• You're right, you shouldn't care about her opinions.

Playing with your hair is cute!

What Guys Said 5

• some guys may be annoyed about it. but personally I've never had a problem with it. I think it's pretty cute actually

• Not annoying at all, in fact it is a form of preening which then show the guy that you are interested in him!

And by the way having long hair is one of the component in my 'checklist', when I look out for girls, so you shouldn't cut.

• It don't bother me non I think its cute when girls do it I also like long hair so plus, plus.

• A lot of guys, myself included, love long hair.

But yes, playing with hair is really annoying.

• No, I've never even thought about it, and I look at girls a lot. I'm definitely not a perv or anything haha, but I guess I'm one of those guys who says/thinks "Damn she's hot" more than the average guy. I think you shouldn't read too much into it.

What Girls Said 0