Why do some guys hate makeup?

I wear basic makeup. I apply a light layer of powder cover up, natural toned eye makeup and tinted lip balm. I just like to enhance my features. But I've had past boyfriends tell me they didn't like makeup on me. I like to look nice. Why do some guys dislike it?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 9

• I do like a little bit. Kind of like you described your style. But a lot of makeup is a sign that the girl is insecure about her looks or is trying too hard. That's a turn-off.

• I dislike it, for one thing it goes everywhere and it doesn't look nice... I always get 'oh but if she's only wearing a little you can't tell'... Yes I can, I don't see what's wrong with looking natural. I get it's a mini confidence boost but I frankly wouldn't waste the money, especially when it has to come off sometime.

• Those stupid guys hate makeup because their inflated egos make them think they are being "deceived" in terms of how the girl looks.

• We donn't hate it, but we think girls who use a lot are probably either insecure, or generally fake.

• i don't mind it, I think some guys don't like it because make up changes how you look (obviously) and some guys want a girl that has a actual pretty face. But if its make up everywhere then yeah I might not like it

• If a female has the looks of where she doesn't need to wear make up, then I truthfully don't think she needs to wear it, I don't get mad if you do wear make up.

• Would you be mad if a woman 'would' need makeup but doesn't wear it?

Example: link

• I'm fine with it. I've seen girls without make up before and well...if I looked like a tired/sick/zombie thing without it I would wear it too.

• Up to you but there's makeup and there's makeup. Despite what the wearer thinks it's not always an improvement in the eyes of others.

• cause it hides the real you.

What Girls Said 1

• Most guys can't even tell the difference when it's subtly done and it looks natural. If it gives you a confidence boost, go for it.