Girls why do you say looks don't matter but?

you also say you get nervous around cute/hot guys?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's one thing to like someone who is attractive and get nervous and another to be intimidated by someone who is good looking. If I like someone, then yes, I will get nervous and awkward around them. If someone is good looking then I will probably get intimidated by them. Looks don't matter half the time, but on the surface you think "Wow, they are cute," however, they could be a jerk and then it's more intimidating at that point because looks are deceiving. I'm not sure if that made any sense to anyone else or not.

What Girls Said 3

• The same reason guys say the same about girls. I think that usually when a girl says looks don't matter, they mean they are willing to date or be in a relationship with a guy who isn't all that attractive. The reason we get nervous around cute guys basically has to do with the suspense and excitement of not knowing where things could go.

• Personally I would get nervous around anyone I don't really know. For a guy that I like then its not just because they are "cute/hot" (Beauty is in the eye of the beholder), but in my eyes they seem perfect inside and out and I don't think I would have a chance with them.

• When you first see someone the first thing you see is looks. You don't say oh she/he has a nice personality from far away right. Physical attraction might not be all you care about but there has to be alil of physical attraction for you to be interested. And getting nervous is a normal feeling having that first encounter with someone you show interest for .

What Guys Said 3

• Of course looks matter. Have you looked in a magazine? Looks are huge in our culture.

• Personally I don't think it matters as much. Yeah you need to be DECENT eg. keep your face clean, brush, shower etc..

But, I've personally seen MANY beautiful girls date guys that don't look as good. But the guy is super awesome and someone you want to hang out with... so in the LONG term personality will always beat looks.

That is unless you are after the other person for pure looks. But, I find personality always wins in the end.

Let's face it, we all will get old and wrinkly some day. What will be left then? Our personalities... only.

• Because girls try to look not shallow even though they are the worst at being shallow