Which tattoo do you think I should get for my first tattoo?

It's going on my left wrist.

1. link

or

2. link

• The first one.
  • The second one.
I should also point out that I used to be a cutter, self harm and really bad depression. (Also to add to the first one, probably a crown from Kingdom Hearts if anything.)

Most Helpful Girl

• I like the first one better, but honestly it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. It's going on your body, so it should have some level of depth. For example, My sister just got a tattoo in memory of our cousin who recently died. So I think that any tattoo you get should be special and meaningful to you- who cares what people think? All I'm saying is that whatever you get, make it count, and don't be afraid to express yourself.

• Thank you :) & I'm deeply sorry for your loss <3

• Anytime :) and thanks I appreciate it <3

What Guys Said 5

• A friend recently made the mistake of getting a tattoo, afterward, she was made aware of the risks, what she learned terrified her and has really impacted on her health due to the concerns she now has.

She had no idea there was a risk of HIV, AIDS, hepatitis, and a plethora of all kind s of infections. No one told her the inks used were never intended for use on the skin, let alone injected into it.

These inks are industrial inks which no health authority anywhere on earth has ever approved.

These inks contain acids, toxins, plastics and mercury, they are a time bomb, which, after the tattoo is applied, your bodies blood flows through, this eventually destroys the liver and due to the carcinogens in the inks, also put the wearer at risk to cancer.

The in thing in Hollywood at the moment, is the removal of tattoos, because the fad is over.

It must also be acknowledged, life is a long time, fads come and go, but a tattoo is there forever and given the undeniable stigma surrounding tattoos, it's no surprise, that on women, they are known as "tramp stamps" they take away the decent image of even the most beautiful girl, they are known to be worn by people with low self esteem, and women who are sexually promiscuous.

Respect is something we all need in our lives, and our self respect, or lack of it, is another thing tattoos take away from us.

Tattoo's began as an ownership mark, this was adopted by prisoners, and then by men who were really only trying to portray a dangerous image, wannabe tough guys, frauds, and usually weak men. On women, they were used on whores, this was also an ownership mark put there by their pimp, it showed they were his property, hence the term, "tramp stamp".

My advice when it comes to fads or fashion, is that they do come and go, so it's unwise to ever do anything that's permanent. A necklace you can remove, the same applies to a dress or it's style, so why would anyone permanently disfigure and degrade themselves then be stuck in that moment in time forever?

You can buy temporary tattoos, do that and learn how people begin to treat you differently, I'm sure in time you'll never regret not getting one, but if you do get one, you will most likely regret it for the rest of your life.

• Honestly, I didn't ask for a huge explanation on that. I asked which one you think I should get. No offense, but it really was necessary to type all of that. You're basically saying, if I get a tattoo, I am trashy. You're trashy for judging people based on art they put on their body. You're disgusting.

• wasn't necessary*

• I like the second one. I have a tattoo of my left foot on the bottom of my right foot that I'm fairly pleased with, though I occasionally trip over my own feet

• NONE!

• i go for 2. it looks better and it actually looks like a tattoo

• I go for A

What Girls Said 6

• I'd go with the bottom one, it's more positive and reminds you to keep your chin up.

• I prefer the second one, but its your own choise, choose which one YOU prefer the most =) because after all, its your body.

• The first one is much more interesting and unique.

• The first one

• I like both of them, it is your body so you get to decide what you want to have.

Best Answer right here.

• Just throwing it out there that the 1st one may be mistaken for gang affiliation. If you do get it I'd cover it up more at social settings than the 2nd one.

• Yeah, I'd probably add a crown from Kingdom Hearts or something. But I can see how that'd be concerning without it. Thank you :)