How old do you think I look?

Seriously, almost everyday while I'm out people always think I'm younger than I am and seem so surprised when I say I'm 44. Even yesterday at church I told a a lady who sees me every week how tired I was after a long day and made a jab at myself being old and her faciL expression changed suddenly as she asked my age. After I told her she said she couldn't believe it and she had to be in her 50s. Young guys constantly flirt with me and old looking grandpa's think I'm a sweet young thing. I'm nature, articulate and dress conservatively... I don't show my clevage or wear riske' attire because I'm older and have a toddler. Even the last guys I've dated long-term were both 12 and 13 years younger and beautiful eye candy. I don't attract guys my age I think because I look too old for them, too old for guys below 30 and guys over 45 generally liik too old for me. Lol. Examples: my former handyman age 58 is crushing on me. He us just an old fat man to me. A young 20 something at church was checking me out... it felt creepy to me but the hot 35 year old guy I'm into wants a 22 year old hottie. So, can anyone see my dekuma here. I'm stuck and the Twilight Zone.

Reality check question for my cougar ladies.. after dating 20-30 year old studs have we spoiled ourselves and now find it hard or impossible to find and date a 40+ year old fat bellied, gray haired old looking guy? I think guys as well as most chics reach reach physical attractiveness between late 20s-late 30s. I seem to only be physically attracted to guys in this window. Help! I don't want to date an old fat guy who can't keep up with me or a guy so young that I'm popping his cherry.

Most Helpful Girl

• i think it's pretty common for people to not look their age these days, especially people of color. I'm in my late 30's and people mistake me for mid to late 20's constantly, even if I already told them my age. I also usually get aggressively carded, and shocked looks when they see my actual dob.

I would say, from the small picture, you look about 30-40, and I would assume you were younger than me until you made a reference that proved otherwise.

I can also relate to your man issue. Men 35 and up, If they're still single, are usually in denial and are looking for a young woman to start a life with. many of my friends are dating girls in their mid 20's. Sometimes guys my age accidentally hit on me, but I can see their whole demeanor change when they realize I'm their same age. It's hilarious.

As soon as I hit 30, suddenly I was getting hit on by really young guys, so I guess that's a thing. I guess young guys don't want the young girl drama. Also guys I would consider way too old for me started pursuing me too.

I totally relate, and think this is pretty normal. I'm hoping for a guy in my age range to come into my life, but for now late 20's to early 30's is what I'm getting.

You're not alone in the twilight zone.

What Guys Said 4

• Yeah you don't look 44. It's a little hard to tell from that picture though. I get this too a lot by much older people I meet. I think it's mainly a way to be polite, but I did start to believe them a little. Maybe go for the 20 something year old :p

• Thanks for the reply. You are kidding about the 20 year old a right? Lol. Because I just received a mail on this site from a 22 year old basically asking just that. When I see a middle aged guy with a 20 year old it just looks gross and perverted so even if I look 30ish for me to date a 20ish guy is like illegal. In bed he'd be like the energizer bunny but out if bed it would be like I have nothing in common with this kid and I'm sure he'd see me as a mom figure and would chase after 20 year olds.

• A lot of 40 year olds aren't fat! I have no plans to be.

• early 30's

• 40+ no offense

• Late 30's early 40's

What Girls Said 2

• 30s.

• You look like you're in your 30s