Girls, visible bra straps should you be told?

Girls.

My sister of mine has always had bra strap issues, and she used to always wear sleeveless tops so it showed when they fell down but she always pulls up her straps if they fall on sleeveless tops immediatly so were never showing for more than a second or two. Now she started wearing short sleeved tops and a few times already she has had her bra strap showing outside the bottom of the sleeve and sometimes its like that for hours, I think she doesn't notice, should I somehow discreetly tell her like eg. pointing to her arm, sending a sms or something? I say discreet as usually others are around so I can't just say it out to her. This is out of character for her bra strap to be down, and I tried to give her a hint to say sleeveless suits her better but she said she is getting sick of her bra straps showing so is changing her style, so I think she hasn't noticed.

Thanks for answers, will take what's been said and won't say anything to her.

To pr3tybr0wn no I am not focused on any part of her including bra straps, but bra straps are easy to see and eye catching, even if you think they not. That's why I noticed as I am sure everyone notices. no big deal to me, my concern was if my sister was not realising they were showing, as with different styles aka sleeveless she never leaves them down ever.

Thanks

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds like she might be wearing the wrong size bra if her straps fall down her arm. I know with me and my brothers or any friends for that matter, we don't over think this. My brothers would just point it out straight away or put it back up for me mid-conversation. It's not embarrassing for your bra strap to fall down. It's just the same as pointing out someones laces are undone.

• thanks for kind words, I am glad you understood, I only raised the question as my sister specifically told me the reason she changed styles is she was sick of her bra straps showing down her arm (not on shoulder) which to me is kind of obvious she doesn't like them showing down there.

What Girls Said 12

• Okay, visible bra straps aren't like thongs or a tit or something "taboo" like that. They're bra straps. They go on your shoulders. Heaven forbid you wear a shirt that doesn't sit the way your bra does. Let's be real, unless you wear a t-shirt, they're going to show.

Just don't tell us. And if they slip down our shoulders WE ARE VERY AWARE that they did and find it annoying but haven't had a chance to fix it. Or the bra just doesn't fit right so we just gave up :p

• Whenever somebody used to tell me I had my bra straps showing I'd tend to get rather annoyed.

Look YOU KNOW SHE IS WEARING A BRA so why the hell does it matter if the straps are showing or not? It's not giving away any secret is it? So why does it even matter to you? What do you think is under there? No bra? Then you'd be writing a post complaining about how your sisters friend never wears a bra -_-

Also, I'm gonna mention that that happened to me only when I was wearing the wrong bra size. When I was in 34DDDs it was a daily issue and I legitimately couldn't help it (and when I went to Victoria's Secret to get sized they'd just put me in more 34DDDs.. it was an endless cycle of stupidity). Since I've been in 28GGs that doesn't happen anymore so maybe you could get her to try a different method of bra sizing (by you know not taking the measurement OVER your boobs and using that as an accurate under bust or band measurement link I never understood why they did this, but I was always too afraid to speak up and say anything about it since they were "professionals").

Chances are though since you're a dude she's not gonna take your advice on bra sizing, but if she does here are some resources you could show her link here's a fit guide. Here's a page to show what REAL BRA SIZES look like if she doesn't (which she probably won't) believe what the fit guide says since everyone is conditioned to think that DDs are big and anything above a DD is freaking huge.. that is so not the case (this girl wears a 28F link but she looks like a "medium B" or "small C" to most uneducated folk) and here is a reddit page with the answer to pretty much any question she has link and she can go on the forum and ask questions if she has any more.

Like I said though.. she's probably not gonna take your advice on bra fitting so my advice is to get over it. Girls wear bras. That's what's under their shirts. The more you know!

• I'd say tell her if you are in private, and maybe come up with some sort of signal, like brush your shoulder or something so she sees.

• when the strap falls down we know about it. But yeah if you're uncomfortable tell her so discreetly. If she gets angry then its her fault not yours. Because yeah sometimes you can't be bothered to lift the strap - but if that is the case she should tighten them.

And imo its doesn't take much energy or effort to lift a weightless bra strap back onto your shoulder lol

• not uncomfortable but more so I know my sister prides herself in her appearance (as many girls do) and she doesn't like her straps showing down her arm, so it was just whether to tell her its visible in that position or not as I amd sure she knows its down but I think not realising the sleeve isn't covering it up properly and I didn't want to hurt her feelings or offend her. thanks.

• I don't really care. My bra straps are always falling or showing. Doesn't matter to me in my opinion people should be happy I have the decency to wear undergarments(when needed) in public lol. Like what if her shirt was too big and she didn't wear a bra? Now that'd be more embarrassing than seeing the strap.

• It's no big deal, it's not embarrassing, it's just her bra straps so there's no reason to freak out or somehow tell her. And she knows, she just doesn't care.

• You're that focused on your sister's bra straps? Okayy...

Anyway...she probably knows.

• she needs to adjust her strap or find her right bra size that's not supped to be happening if the bra fits right. its a bra strap not a big deal no one cares

• I don't think most people care if the straps show really.

• When I wear a bra the straps usually show...it's not that big of a deal

• It's just a bra strap, mine show usually when wearing tank top.

• beter not to wear a bra. ever.

What Guys Said 0