Can a guy be too good looking?

No, this isn't about me (I wish LOL).

I have a friend who gets THE most mixed signals I've ever seen, it's insane.

Basically

- Has had offers from random people to do modeling because "he has that look"

- Has been told on numerous accounts that he is actually so good looking, that the girls have said hot wouldn't be enough, he is beautiful

Now, the other end

- Tries to talk to girls, and they usually never respond

- Girls rarely ever approach him, but always stare

- Has never had a girlfriend, even after being told "Is so attractive, that only beautiful would give him justice". And yes, on NUMEROUS occasions.

- Girls really don't pay him any mind

Now, to be fair. Looks only go so far. I'll admit - NO GAME. I mean. NOTHING. A total, TOTAL people person, but simply terrible game. Not in the way of being rude, just not knowing how to seduce.

With that said, would a girl ever ignore a guy for being too attractive, or is this motherfucker delusional?

Best I could do - the guy kinda looks like this

link

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. It happens more often that you realize, for either of these legitimate reasons.

1. Girls genuinely interested in him wouldn't date him because they think he's not "fair game" (a guy like that would not be interested in me... that his expectations for an ideal mate are way up there, you know, right next to him... or that there are so many women chasing after him...) A typical misunderstanding most people have, So, yeah it's quite lonely.

2. He's extraterrestrial and the girls know it. Dude...

Ok, so maybe one of these reasons are legitimate...

What Girls Said 17

• I would classify that photo as average maybe below average but I don't like white guys. I like ethnic men. And I would say that if you are in the top 10% but not the top 2% - girls will not avoid you because of your looks. My friend had a friend who was above average but not drop dead gorgeous and he was extremely popular with woman. He slept with a new girl every week and there was one girl who wanted to marry him 2 days after meeting him. He was above average but no the top 2%.

• Most girls probably would ignore him solely because they think he's a player or he already has a girlfriend.

Also, having a significantly more attractive significant other (for me, at least) would be weird. Even though I think leagues are non-existent, I'd still feel like he is out of mine.

• It depends on the girl and her interpretation of beauty. Beauty can be anything and in everything you just have to look for it. For unstance for someone in love they'd find their lover as the most handsome man in the world even.if he wasn't. For a book lover they'd find beauty in the way its written so like I said it depends on the person and their perspective.

• They can and do sometimes I know I have. It's like "don't trust a pretty boy." Since some abuse their looks to sleep around or just being a player and a dick in general. So it's almost rare to find a nice not a man whore pretty guy. It's like how men say "don't trust a girl with a big butt and a smile"

• I don't think a guy or a girl can be too good looking. There's always going to be someone more attractive. Perhaps your friend is extremely attractive, and that could make girls feel intimidated or scared that maybe he wouldn't go for them but rather supermodels.

• i don't think that's possible. when I go clubbing girls swarm around the most attractive guys. those guys do not have to approach. girls come to them. if you are hot "onna ga yotte kuru".

• also the most attractive guy at club is confident and on the dance floor, no one will approach a guy looking miserable

• @update: I wouldn't consider that guy attractive.

• I wouldn't say that, I've been approached quite a few times in clubs... I'm not the most confident guy, and I especially don't dance on my own. Yet I'll see other guys on the dancefloor getting nothing but rejection.

• Looks or no looks, you gotta have at least SOME game. If you can't build sexual tension, it ain't goin' anywhere.

• Some girl at school started crushing on me and I didn't even know her I didn't even talk to her and there was already sexual tension there lol.

• yes, I would assume he has too many girls chasing him already and not even bother "competing". And if he showed interest, I'd be too shy to respond. Sad, but true. If he was persistent with me, then It would be a different story.

• Maybe the girls are already assuming he's in a relationship because of how good looking he is. Or maybe he doesn't have "game".

• Hmm that's a tough one. Have you ever ignored a girl because she was too attractive?

• I know I haven't.

• I guess so. Or maybe not intimidated, just know that on the balance of probabilities they're unlikely to be interested cos they could get a much hotter guy than me, and I don't want to look like some pathetic retard who doesn't know his own limitations. Does that count as being intimidated by them?

• 1) he attracts girls who enjoy playing games

2) they thinks he's a player

3) don't feel good enough

• No I don't think so...I know if a great looking guy were into me I wouldn't ignore him. He's probably a perv or something, or creeps girls out when he texts them.

• It is delusional, in a way. That being said, I know a guy who is too good looking, I am messing around with him and I can't even believe it. he's yum.

• Yeah, I think that can be true in a sense.

I know of myself that I can sometimes be guarded around ridiculously good looking men because

I feel like theyre so far out of my league why even bother? I might as well at least keep my dignity intact and surpress any urge to flirt or fawn over them.

• Does your friend happen to be hotstudlovercupcake?

• personally, I don't like guys who are too good looking, like model good looking. I like charisma better. A good face doesn't do everything!

• do you want the full package?

• Adrien Brody's nose is certainly too long, but it's a bit of a stretch to call him positively ugly is it not? His jaw-line is great and he has good skin.

• may be but I didn't find an other example actually

• Not in my opinion. However I have seen a few girls that were too good looking.

What Guys Said 8

• I don't think so... I have a friend who similarly has done modelling and girls often talk about him being attractive. The thing is they do throw themselves at him, he is very active about it though... he tries very hard to date who he wants and often to date as many girls as he wants. I think it's a combination of his looks and his attitude, I mean I have another friend who isn't what girls would consider to be very attractive but his attitude always gets him a partner. Again he's actively looking for people to date, he'll make all the introductions and first moves etc...Sounds a bit odd really, if a guy is THAT good looking he surely would have quite a few girls (not necessarily desirable ones) after him.

• i agree. from what I've seen the boys considered most attractive aren't acting confident or out in the open. many of them are laying low by the bar or near a wall talking to friends they came with. girls come up to them.

• It is possible because sometimes some people are so used to being judged favorably by their looks that they never really experience any adversity that adds to their personality. With girls they usually get away with it as many guys are okay with having a trophy girlfriend/wife. Guys on the other hand still need to be a good conversationalist and have that general confidence in their ability.

I've got a cousin who is in his final year of med school and he models. In all the time that he has left HS he has had only one girlfriend and they dated for like a year before she dumped him. He is clever and good looking, but really lack that life experience because he doesn't face adversity that much. He never has had to really prove himself or work hard for much. Many people think that he has it all, but he really doesn't

• I can relate to your friend 100 percent.

Guys use height and looks as excuses. Men really don't give personality the credit it deserves.

I know some average ass looking guys who are fucking rockstars with women, while some of the best looking ones can't even hold a candle to them (Including me!).

I'm a really good looking guy, even guys compliment me regularly. But looks never got me anywhere until I improved personality wise.

'Personally', what helped the most was when I learned and accepted who I really was inside. I decided it was time to stop dating girls just because they're hot, but whether or not we were a good fit.

His issue may be that he's going after women that just aren't compatible.

• Seduce : attract (someone) to a belief or into a course of action that is inadvisable or foolhardy.

Are you sure you know game? LOL. It's not about seduce. It's about attraction.

• With that said, would a girl ever ignore a guy for being too attractive

Yes they would I don't see why not. Especially if the guy is out of her league and she feels like she's not attractive enough for him. She might still check him out though.

• most of those random offers for modeling might be scams.

• Dude that guy on the link would be average in any places. The only thing give him the 'wow' effect is that stupid hair and the stupid look on his face.. sorry..

• It's very very rare. I'm a straight guy but there's only one guy that I've ever seen that could be classified as beautiful, & that's studmuffincupcake aka hotstudlovercupcake.