What do I do if I am taller than everyone?

I am 5'9 and I am taller than everyone in my grade/school what do I do I really like this guy but I am taller than him and when I get around my friends I feel like I am a giant or a tower I hate my hight and size what can I do to make me not feel that way ? Thanks

Most Helpful Guy

• The best thing I could tell you, is to learn how to make men feel comfortable around you. Shy people are often mistaken as being snobs, or disliking someone. If you get nervous about your height, they may mistake it as your not wanting to talk to them. So it is very important to make a guy feel comfortable.

You might also try learning to dress in ways that still flatter your body, but don't make you look taller. link

What Guys Said 9

• Well you are around the male average height range. With your friends, most shorter women like to wear high heels which will even things out more. I suppose you can hunch a little with guys you like that are shorter than you until they either become the same height or taller... You could also attempt to attract older guys that are taller if you wish.

• Realize that when a good man falls for you, it is not going to be because of your height, weight, or body, it will be because of your sensitive, caring heart, and how it yearns to make him happy.

• You need to get over it, pun somewhat intended. Seriously, tall girls are rare, and, as you'll learn in economics, anything that is rare is valued. Cute, tall girls are very attractive.

• You wait.

The tall guys are still growing. 5'9" is not that tall. My wife is 5'8" I used to think that was average.

• If you like him tell, let him feel it! Chemistry will not be stopped by you being tall of small. If that's what makes him look away from you than he doesn't deserve your love :-)

• I actually Like taller girls myself but most taller girls like really tall guys. I'm only 5'10" so I'm around average. I'd have no problem dating a girl taller then me. My point being, if a guy you like is shorter then you go for it. Sure there will be silly comments here and there but who cares? If your happy with the relationship rise above it.

• I like taller girls, the problem is... Girls on average don't like shorter guys.

So allthough I like taller girls, the chances of meeting one who actually like me are slim.

• Nothing. They'll catch up eventually. Know that there are girls who are dying to be as tall as you.

• "what can I do to make me not feel that way ?"

Get use to it, because it's not going to change. At least if you start feeling like this, you'll eliminate all of the wishing and "what if" so you can get over the height issue and start enjoying things without it plaguing you.

What Girls Said 4

• my sister is 16 and she's 5'10" and she towers over everyone too. one thing to realize is you don't look giant, you look tall! being tall is a good thing. the boys will eventually catch up. I have no problem meeting guys who are 6'+. you just need to try not to put so much emphasis on your height. of all the things you have to worry about at 16 your height shouldn't be one of them. eventually you will be thankful for being tall! you also probably don't look as much taller than your friends as you feel. :)

• Find taller friends lol

And there are guys who don't care if she's taller than him.

• Welcome to my world lol. I am 5'11 and was always insecure about it growing up but as I got older I was OK with it an realized that a lot of guys like tall girls, so I really didn't have any problems getting boyfriends. And my friends didn't care either. My best friend is only 5'2 so I tower over her

• youre under 18. guys keep growing into their early twenties.

anyhow you're a great height. 5 9 isn't very tall. once you get out of h.s. you'll realize that.

and its your height, so just think of all the good things about it.