Should I cut my hair short?

My hair are tailbone lenght and wavy. I have wanted to cut them short(boyish like) for a long time,but I always hesitated the last minute.

So,should I cut them?And,if yes,do you have any tips on how to cut them?

• Yes
  • No
Who dislikes all the girls?

Most Helpful Guy

• Your hair will grow back, and its fun to try some thing new (Thats how I like to see it)

Tips, I can only give you is references for style's I think would look nice to try out.

link

link

link

link

What Guys Said 11

• Depends what you really want and if you think you can pull it off... I think only certain females can get away with short hair, but when they do, they look amazing. In my opinion at least.

• in general I don't like short hair on woman with that said I googled short hair styles for woman and here are a few I do like.

link

link

link

the first one is the one I like the most.

• I think short hair looks pretty good on some women but can look really bad on others. I guess you need the right face for it. I don't want to encourage you but you should somehow make sure that short hair suits you before you make a decision that you might regret for the next 2 years while you try to regrow your hair.

• I think first you have to think what's the point? Are you doing for style, or weight, or maybe for it not to be a obstical? It matters why you want to, then cut it accordingly. I myself only like some types of short hair, but all others are turn offs for me.

• I just want to try it once...And maybe for convenience,because short hair require less time(or so I think)

• CUT YOUR HAIR SHORT!

• Definitely do not cut it you'll look sexier with long hair, I prefer women with waist long hair or longer, I think it looks beautiful on a woman.

• Don't you think that's a bit of a drastic change? If you hate it, it'll take forever to get back to what you had before. Maybe try something shoulder length or chin length as a compromise to test the waters before going full on pixie.

• If you are genuinely hot, you will still look hot! I actually prefer short hair on girls!

• Very, very few women can pull off having short hair.

Personally I prefer long hair on girls

• Depends on if you are okay with looking less feminine to most guys. Very few women can actually pull off short hair. A lot of women might like they way you look, but odds are most guys won't like it. If guys finding you less attractive isn't going to be an issue for you, then go ahead. Some women love having short hair, I have seen other women left devastated after they decided to cut their hair short.

• @update. I don't know. I see that happening quite a bit. Someone either dislikes all the guys, or all the girls. I think there is a couple of sexist guys and girls that just do that once in a while.

• Go for it. As for how to cut, I don't have any idea other than to go to a hair salon and have it cut professionally. Possibly Pixie cut. If you want short short hair, you could just take a razor and shave it all off, but if that's what you want to do, then do it.

What Girls Said 5

• Aww... you are so LUCKY to have hair that long! I've been trying forever to grow my hair that long but I've had no success 'cause it breaks off a lot.

Anyway, if you want to cut it, then you should. Just find a style that complements your facial features and you should be fine. There's a variety of short hair styles and you just need to find the one that looks best on you. Good luck. :)

• no don't cut it short in one go

wear a short wig or have your hair braided or in a bun for a few months straight without ever taking it down except to wash and see if you still want it short then.

if you still want it short after those 3 months then get 5 inches cut off, wait a week, have another 5 inches off, repeat, have another 5 cut off etc etc and that way you can stop if you change your mind without having to regrow everything from scratch.

i know how upsetting it is to regret a haircut and have it take years to grow back

• Go for it! It's very liberating. Whether it will look good on you, depends on a few factors. link

You can ignore a few points here and there, there is a short haircut for every texture and personality. But you should have a somewhat delicate body and a face you're proud of. If you're not all that happy with your own face, then going out with short hair will be very awkward. Of course, you can also just ignore all of this and go with it anyway, it's really up to you. I believe anyone can rock some type of short hair.

• Cut your hair if you want to cut it. Last year I gave myself a pixie cut and I loved it. Growing it out has been tricky but I'm glad I got to experience a different hair length. If you do want to cut your hair (however short that is) go a little bit at a time. I have seen so many stories of women who cut their hair and regretted it. Not all women are like that but seeing that you are hesitant, you might be in for a shock. Cut an inch or two at first. Wait a day or more. If you want it shorter cut another inch or two. Repeat. The point is to adjust to having less hair little by little rather than one big chop. If you decide you want it longer, you'll still have a good amount of length left. If you want it shorter, it will be easier to adjust each time you cut your hair.

• Dont do it! O bet you look really pretty with long hair like that :) Besides most men like long hair more than short hair.