Do you want to be a 10?

Ladies, I asked my boyfriend what he would rate me, and he said a 9. I also asked him to rate a mutual friend of ours, for her sake, and he gave her a 7. I was talking to her about it and she said that she was very upset that he didn't give me a ten for the fact that I am his girl. I actually said after he said 9, that I didn't want him to say 10, because that meant that I was perfect which I am not ant I do not want to be seen that way. Is this strange? What are your opinions?

Most Helpful Guy

• You never call a girl a 10, because she will know you are lying. Even if she is a 10 she won't believe it, because every girl thinks she has flaws, even if she doesn't. Some women actually have surgery to get the length of their toes shortened. You can't make that stuff up. With that kind of insecurity calling a girl a 10 is right out.

As far as your friend, even without seeing her I would have given her a 7 or 8 regardless of what she looked like, to try to make you both happy. I mean after all he can't give her a higher score than his own girlfriend, but doesn't want to give her a low score and cause hurt feelings. Like someone said, you really backed him into a corner even if you didn't mean to.

What Guys Said 5

• I personally don't rate anyone a 10. Even models and actresses. A 9 is ridiculously good. So clearly your guy is attracted to you, which is no bad thing! Your friend must be pretty hot too get a rating as high as 7. I'd say 7 and above is "hot."

• I am content with anything over a 6. He really is and I love it. I asked him if he thought she was attractive because she was having trouble believing it from me...

• Or not as the case may be! lol!

• Yes. I'd also like to be a billionaire philanthropist.

• I'm an eleven.

• Ooo that's like getting backed into a corner.

But to answer your question uh... idk.

Probably yes tho.

• I opened the question with you will not get in trouble lol... I'm not one of those girls that lays traps in a conversation.

• Lol I just feel like there's certain questions that if asked by certain people you can't win no matter what you say.

• I mentioned in a comment on another users post that I was only asking for a friend then I got curious.

• I don't want anyone to rate me anything, nor do I want to rate someone else with some stupid number. I'm not in middle school anymore and I prefer to have real, meaningful contact with people instead of sounding like some frat boy lol

• The rating was on him. I asked if he thought my friend was attractive, then I wanted to know where he put me compared to her.

• That is how he usually is... and good for you because you are certainly correct. That would be a huge turnoff. I didn't realize what I was encouraging here o thanks for pointing that out.

• Yep, no problem. If enough ladies in society start demanding more out of men, the quality should improve unless they want to get passed up by the guys that actually learn to be a stud lol

What Girls Said 5

• I'd never ask my (hypothetical) boyfriend to rate me, because I really hate the idea of rating -- it's immature; however, I'd still certainty hope that he'd think of me as a perfectly imperfect 10.

Technicality aside, I'd be offended if he answered anything less than a 10. It’s not about being perfect -- it’s about being perfect for each other.

Not only would a 9 make me feel insecure about my looks, but also about our relationship as a whole.

• Ok, not gonna lie. Of course, I'd want my guy to say 10 even though we both know it's just charming BS. And I'd scoff if he said it, to be honest. Guess it's cute in theory. On the other hand, 10 feels like a lot of pressure to be perfect. Who wants to be put on a pedestal like that? Lol...

I don't think I'd ask him to rate me in the first place. We wouldn't be together if he doesn't think I'm awesome & vice versa. No need to put a number on it.

• I think the whole rating thing is ridiculously negative once you're in a relationship.

Rating is fine when you're not dating. It could be fun even, but once you're with the person, they're with you because they like you... so either they like you or they don't, there's no rating. That type of thing only brings nonsense arguments to bicker about, which I see as completely unnecessary, because there will always be hotter, and worse looking women than you. Like your friend saying SHE'S? upset because YOUR b-friend rating you a 9? that's stupid! and she just instigated an argument between your and your boyfriend out of something completely preposterous!

It's dumb.

• I am not usually that type of person. Both he and I were very perplexed by her view of the situation, which is why I wanted other opinions

• Well, I find it rather pathetic, that "she" is upset over something between you and your bf... Like instigating an argument out of something so retarded. Why do you have to convince her that YOUR boyfriend finds her attractive? Why should she care if your boyfriend finds her attractive anyway? It's really dumb.

• Nah I like being a 6-7. When guys like me I know it's for more than just my looks :) I think it's great that you didn't get upset with your boyfriend for calling you a 9, your boyfriend was honest with you and your friend is being a bit unrealistic.

• No thanks. I wanna keep on being my super cool number 5.