My friend won't even take out the trash without makeup, is that insane?

i think it's a little sad, she thinks she is that ugly that she won't even walk out the door without it and she always puts it on in the house.

what do you think of people like that?

i mean, I don't think any girl, no matter how beautiful, looks her best bare faced. but I will go bare to the gym, drugstore, etc..maybe even school sometimes.

but it's sad to have such low confidence, imo.

Most Helpful Girl

• that's really sad.

I don't ever wear make-up and I'd be 18 in 4 months, I'm not even that attractive, my skin is a mess and eye's black cercles and shit and I really don't use any kind of make-up because I mainly don't feel that bad about my appearance, I simply am fine with the way I look and I accepted my own physical flaws. Seeking no attention is also a major factor of being so careless about my look, I guess.

I don't recall your friend desperate or an "insane" situation as you said since many girls have the exact same issue but I think she should calm her tits a little, should relax and lay down a bit, reevaluate herself as a human being and try to feel content and comfortable with herself (with or without make-up on), girls shouldn't follows standards society and media have put to beauty and to be influenced by Hollywood/ victoria s. models/ men preferences is the silliest, most imbecilic thing you could ever do.

Tell your friend to be cool, to wear make-up only if she's comfortable wearing it and not to care much. Everything including youth and beauty will vanish and fade but the look you have on yourself won't.

What Guys Said 3

• Honestly, if she's that obsessed, she probably wears so much makeup that she DOES look better bare faced than made up.

• Her confidence is absolutely low...do you know why it's that low?

• If she feels that she is ugly, then that isn't good, but her putting on makeup to go out isn't a bad thing. I always feel better about myself when I dress up and groom myself, even if I don't go anywhere. So I can completely understand why someone would want to make an effort to look their best.

What Girls Said 6

• you shouldn't look down on her for having low self confidence, its not something you choose. she could have body dismorphic disorder for all you know

• i don't look down on her, I feel bad for her.

• fair enough sorry, I didn't know if you meant sad - sorry for her or sad- she's pathetic and stupid, it read more as the second though

• nope, my bad. I meant I feel bad for her, I think it is sad (as in sorry for her, not pathetic) that she has such low confidence.

• She has insanely low confidence. Hopefully she can get some help and learn to be happy with herself

• That is sad... I have no problem not wearing makeup anywhere I go. I wear it to work and whenever else I want to.

• Thats just really sad to be honest lol. I go out all natural! but you're right, its sad to have low self-esteem.

• Yes, that is unfortunate.

• She has low confidence