I abhor tattos on females.

My life experiences indicate to me that in general gals with tattoos tend to have a mind-set originating with the lower socio-economic class of society.

Does anybody agree with me or are my preferences outdated and I should be doomed to remaining a life-long unmarried Old Coot?

This is tough... which reply do I rate the bestet of the best? What parameters do I use? The one agreeing with my viewpoint the most? The most articulate, well-written comment as I define how those apply to the comment?

Toss a coin? Consult an oracle? Well... my choice will not be based upon if the commenter agrees with me or not.

I am going with the most articulate reply as I define what articulate means.

Thanks for the responses!

Most Helpful Girl

• You can like whatever you want. Not all women have tatttoos.

• This has been a rough, tough decision and your neighbor below has a reply that is awesome. I was ready to give her the coveted "best answer" award... so very very close.

However, emotionality impacts logical, rational thought... even among Disgruntled Old Coots such as I. A withered husk, a once Adonis-like hunk of masculinity reduced to a quivering wreck of soon-to-be-gone life essence. Sniff.

Conciseness. Brevity. That won the award. YAY!

What Girls Said 5

• You're not actually saying that you find tattoos unattractive but that you associate them with another negative quality. So I can't tell if you're trying to validate your distaste by tacking on a slightly less shallow reason or if you simply think they're ugly. You're *completely entitled* to dislike anything, and of course physical attraction matters, but if the only reason you do is because you automatically assume it is directly correlated with another large category of people, you're kind of doing yourself a disservice. It would be wonderful if we could rule out certain kinds of people by a simple tell-tale sign but we can't! Even if tattoos weren't as mainstream as they are now they don't necessarily mean a lower SEC (if that actually is what matters to you). If you just don't like them that's fine; it's your preference and there are plenty of men and women without them... And in your age range I would think that's easier anyway?

• Well-written well-thought-out articulate comment. Such a wondrous treat to read a comment of such high caliber.

Reading the message made my live quiver with unadulterated delight. The rest of my innards reverberated with spasms, near paroxysms, of joy alongside that vital organ that filters out the noxious substances wandering through those innards.

Have a wonderful week!

• I disagree -- if done correctly, tattoos can be beautiful. I don't have any yet, but I love the idea of getting a meaningful one (either lyrics, or something like this: link ) on my ribcage.

It's cool if you don't like tattoos, but I don't think you should associate them with having a lack of intelligence.

• I have tattoos- mine are hidden from when I present myself for my job. I am in a high paying career, and well above the "lower economic societies pay-scale". I like them and how I choose to display them. Mine are tasteful and represent me, but don't define me!

• there are some women who are intelligent, welle paid... who have small tattoos too

• I don't like tattoos on anyone

What Guys Said 5

• Your preferences ARE outdated. Tattoos are the trend. Don't worry, I'm sure it'll pass. I'm not into them either and yes, I also associate them with lower SEC (I'm only 29).

As for your assumption I can't be so sure. Lower SEC may have been an accurate assumption when you were a younger man but it's not the same anymore. Because it's a trend where you have people of all SEC's getting tattooed. It's my belief that having a tattoo is an attempt for people to identify their personalities which can be any of the following:

Party animal, super social/fun, artistic, independent, masculine, trendy.

Navy Seals get tats nowadays and, for them, I would consider it a means to identify themselves and their masculinity. Then there are the party girls that you're aware of, obviously, so on & so forth. I think this method of identification is weak-minded and attention-seeking but whatever.

• Your viewpoint is timeless and many will agree; myself excluded.

But you're still an Old Coot...

• So... I doubt they really care what you or any other person that don't like them thinks, or they wouldn't have got them.

• I don't mind them but I don't think that they are a turn on or anything like that. I do thinkbthat tattoos of skulls and demonic creatures are turn off in fact they're actually a dealbreaker for me.

• I hate tattoos on women as well. It really does make me think less of them, although I know I will get blasted by women for admitting it. Everyone thinks they should be immune to being judged for how they look, but the fact is everyone judges people based on how they look.